Post Thanks / Like

Been busy My first year with rod licences and first 48hr Carp fishing trip.

My target this year was to catch a better PB that my pevious 15lb mirror and 15lb common lucky me caught a 17lb mirror of surface the other night and landed this beast 8am friday morning

Big Common 24.5lb 1 of only 9 old warriors around 30 year old, all up to or over 30lb.

Whats every one else been up to .........................

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been busy My first year with rod licences and first 48hr Carp fishing trip.

I just got my Haynes out,To have a read up on how to change my engine mounts

Know doubt i'll be postin Topic in 5gtt turbo section for tech help

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF!!

That's a big fella alright!

Makes me laugh though i've never seen a picture of anyone holding a big fish & actually smiling....??

Is it the worry of dropping it or the exhaustion of catching it?!

Post Thanks / Like

^^Think he's just about to pop a hernia actually. That is a big lad.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon I'd be able to CATCH a big fish...pulling it out of the water would be another matter, however!

Post Thanks / Like

The pictures of the fish so if you look at the fish it dosnt matter what face your pulling ha

bigcommon as he/shes called sat still for photos done it all before and probs been droped for rattling so just sits there.

Took about 20mins to reel in and because of my technique holding rod i had dead arm for while but could of done it all again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    I reckon I'd be able to CATCH a big fish...pulling it out of the water would be another matter, however!
    Dawn i reckon if you have my luck and determination any thing would be possiable, but on a serious note they dont get caught very often , there pretty clever fishys, at times no fish will get caught for 6 mths. You go there and expect to sleep and eat and catch nout

Post Thanks / Like

thats a nice catch fella, i fished france couple of years ago and had few like that, along with a 107lb catfish that was longer than me! but thats beats my uk fish pb hands down. much prettier than the french fish too, cant beat old english carp

well done

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave j gtt View Post
    Dawn i reckon if you have my luck and determination any thing would be possiable, but on a serious note they dont get caught very often , there pretty clever fishys, at times no fish will get caught for 6 mths. You go there and expect to sleep and eat and catch nout
    Lol, that may be true for the less "vertically-challenged", but I'm 5'2" and weigh less than 8 stone!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt let that hold you back or anything else for that matter ! you could do it
    Last edited by dave j gtt; 13-07-2009 at 17:01.

Post Thanks / Like

One way to catch a fish if its being a cheeky bugger....swimming trunks and snorkel time

Dude, that is a hell of a catch

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, what pound line did you use to bring that badboy in?
    I love carp fishing, bit of bread on the surface, oh yes......
    Never caught anything like that mind...

Post Thanks / Like

15lb-20lb line for me when bottem fishing, 8lb line when surface fishing