Post Thanks / Like

Paypal rant...

Ok this is just a mini rant as vented most of my irritation over the phone and in the paypal complaints box.

Now I was more then fully aware of how poor (to put it politely) 'paypal protection' is after being ripped of a couple of times on ebay, however this new incident takes the biscuit.

Anyway recently sold that turbo timer on ebay (no comments please AdamL :P) guy received it claimed it didn't work at all, ok fine I said return it to me if it does not work i'll refund accordingly.
    Got the timer back connected it up to a car battery wahey it works, I asked the buyer to clarify what he meant by didn't work at all and he said it was dead/faulty to which I politely informed him wasn't true.
    The buyer then proceeded to claim how he had 9 years working on cars and when connected up as per instructions it didnt work, the so called expert then tried to tell me that by connecting the 12V constant and switched ignition wires to the battery would not be the same as actually connecting it to the ignition? fine ok.
    After quite a few email exchanges it became blatantly apparent that the guy was ignorant as hell and adamant if he couldn't wire it up then it doesn't work full stop, not once did he ever ask to see a photo I had taken of it working!

Anyhow paypal claim followed, his claim being the item was faulty, I uploaded half a dozen pics of the item working and the various modes of operation, next thing I know case was closed (within half a day) in his favour!?
    I rang paypal and asked how the hell they came to that conclusion, turns out because he returned the item to me he was entitled to a refund regardless of whether or not his claim was false.
    So I queried this to the paypal dispute guy and said, so in future if I buy an item that I don't actually want I can just send it back and make a claim regardless of whether it works or not and get my money back? he said no you can't, I was like erm well whats the hell is happening here then!? His reasoning was I now had the payment and the item so one had to be returned, I explained of course I realise that but surely I should of been consulted during the dispute process to determine which is returned, I don't see why he should get his money back just because he is an ignorant inbred.

Anyhow as expected zero help from them, paypal are only interested in their commission and fees, it is fair to say the only good thing about paypal is it's convenience I just wish someone else would come along with a rival service to stop them taking the pi**

/end rant

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paypal rant...

Quote Originally Posted by tiff_lee View Post
    just wish someone else would come along with a rival service to stop them taking the pi**
    What, like transferring the money straight into your bank account for example?

No fees, no delays, no potential 'claims' bollox later down the line, no brainer.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont know about you Mart, but I wouldnt be happy paying fundage directly into someone's account from ebay if I didnt know them from Adam... there's no comeback then if you dont get the goods... ooo leave negative feedback... that'll help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Tim View Post
    Dont know about you Mart, but I wouldnt be happy paying fundage directly into someone's account from ebay if I didnt know them from Adam... there's no comeback then if you dont get the goods... ooo leave negative feedback... that'll help.

Win!

Post Thanks / Like

But you would have their address...

Post Thanks / Like

look at the **** i had with samb5 even if you win the claim doesnt mean you get your money back

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, so you're no better off in either scenario, except you haven't been stung by PayPal along the way if paying directly into a bank account.

Obviously there has to be an element of trust, but as long as you've got an address, you can go door-knocking if the milk turns sour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriC View Post
    Win!
    Fail!

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

PayPal are the most aggrovating company I have ever had the displeasure of needing to work with. First up, how do they justify charging 3.4% on transactions from one paypal account to another ? I looked into having a virtual terminal with them - a base figure of 4.4%! I have an issue too. I have 2 paypal accounts, a business one and my personal one. I transfered some funds (6.07p!) from one to the other one day. PayPal thought it must have been fraudulent since I selected "personal transfer" to avoid their extortionate charge and consiquently shut my business account down where it has been for the last 30 days! Both accounts working perfectly before their intervention. Both accounts registered to me, verified and have been since 2002, both in my address, what the hell Absolute nightmate tying to resolve any of this with them. They have stopped responding to emails and the telephone line is equally as useless. I had to start using my personal account for everything. It's fortunate I had that account at all else I would have not been able to trade a thing for the last 30 days and counting.

PayPal need a rival, then they would buck their ideas (and prices) up.

Post Thanks / Like

paypal are absolutly shocking, i have had to many issues with them so now i have removed my visa debit card from their system and only use a credit card as its insured for fear that one day paypal will cause a huge cockup and empty my bank.