Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Diesel Engine Tuning

Well seeing as i will be making my Clio redudant soon and i will be getting a new car to teach in, i could sell the clio but i have grown attached to it so i think i will keep it.

Now what i was wondering what could i do to tune my Diesel engine... I know i can chip the engine but can you do things like different turbo, intercooler, Ecu etc etc.

just incase you want to know i have the 1.5 dci 106hp version.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Diesel Engine Tuning

Don't use universal chip. It is made to fit generally to cars. I encourage you to go to workshop which can do program for your car only. Then it won't brake turbo...it is the biggest problem that will come. Some times "universal" programs boost 1.7 bar or more...it is not good for standard turbo.

High power diesel is always fun to ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I was speaking Steve @ Track n Road last time i was there with my GTT & we were discussing diesel tuning & how far it's come on. Totally forgot about it till now, i think i'll give him a call tomorrow & see whats what

Post Thanks / Like

Mart and I were banging on about TDi tuning IIRC at least 2 years ago. Loads of torque wouldn't mind doing it if 1 had the cash flow

Drop a TDi lump in something like a Clio phase 1 shell, there was a nice track prepped Mk2 Golf GTI at Nurburgring last year with a TDi engine installed

Post Thanks / Like

the strangest thing happened to me today in my e300 diesel[non turbo].

i was doing around 60mph and slowly picking up speed on the dual carriage way, out of nowhere i get this sl500 tailgating me... so
    i decided to floor it and wasnt expecting to go anywhere as ive had the car for 10yrs now and know how it performs... all of a sudden the car went into some sort of fecking warp drive it pulled waaaay ahead of this sl500 thing is, my car let out the most horrid amount of blue smoke when it did this so obviously oil was hitting the exhaust or something but it still runs ok

was really weird, like i had vtec/supercharger and turbo power all in one go.
    was awsome got to say no matter what i throw at this diesel engine it takes it all.