Post Thanks / Like

Sid Dawn and the Roller rockers

I know I will probably get berated for putting this in the wrong section per se but I felt it needed to be on general as its not just positive feedback.

As many of you know Sid Dawn came to this club with ideas and engineering expertise that in main part was to make the Renault 5 GT Turbo better, easier and more modern.

Some embraced his ideas which in turn sparked a design flurry of timing covers, roller rocker ratios, pushrods etc. Some worked and some didn't as we well know. We in essence were the test monkeys of said upgrades.

I for one bought a set of roller rockers and it took almost a year to build and finance my restoration and actually get round to fit them. As the rockers had never been run I threw caution to the wind and ran them, which ended badly as they didnt take well to my strong valvetrain and aggressive cam. The engine had barely ran for 15 minutes and was switched off and sent to Sparkie to ascertain the cause (bit like air crash investigation but not really). I was gutted to find out it was the rockers that had caused a completely brand new engine to fail.

Now your probably all thinking by now we know all this blah blah blah.......

But, what you dont know is that from the word go Sid was in daily communications with me and has completely reimbursed me for parts, labour and everything else that has inconvenienced me.

In this day and age people with integrity like that are hard to find and I hope that despite whats happened that Sid carries on being innovative in bringing new angles to an ancient car through RTOC. An asset to the club as it were. From speaking to Sid regularly he clearly is a man that fulfils his obligations, a true gent.

Thank you Sid.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sid Dawn and the Roller rockers

If you speak to him often then tell him to reimburse Matt white for the crap he sold him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    If you speak to him often then tell him to reimburse Matt white for the crap he sold him.
    Sorry dude but I don't like interfering in other peoples buisness, ive found it to be somewhat problematic in the past, awful buisness. Has Matt got Sids contact details? Im sure his conduct here posted is a good representation of his attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

That came across strong mate sorry, it's not for you to get involved.

Just annoys me when he still owes Matt for parts and won't pay up or talk to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    That came across strong mate sorry, it's not for you to get involved.

Just annoys me when he still owes Matt for parts and won't pay up or talk to him.
    No need to apologise Marc. Im no Mandela or Gengis Kahn but ive found when it comes to owed monies or problems that lead to finance are best solved when both parties are in amicable dialogue.

Say I was Sid and I read that post id think very hard about wanting to help the chap when his integrity is getting lets say getting hammered by acquaintances online. To help Matt which we all want, needs for there to be a decent amicable dialogue that can potentially grow into the right result. Essentially your giving Sid ammo of why not to pay Matt, then Matt might want the money off you!

I posted this to highligh MY personal dealings were delt with professionally and swiftly on a level with the bloke. Sparkie did a video strip of this lump so no shenanigans were called as agreed with Sid. For all he knew sparkie might have forgotten how to build a c1j and we were trying to have him over a barrel. There are ways and means in dealing with people and I can spot a good one over a bad one, ↑ few posts up that's a good one. He isn't made of money and in time with the right dialogue im positive Sid will be all over it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    No need to apologise Marc. Im no Mandela or Gengis Kahn but ive found when it comes to owed monies or problems that lead to finance are best solved when both parties are in amicable dialogue.

Say I was Sid and I read that post id think very hard about wanting to help the chap when his integrity is getting lets say getting hammered by acquaintances online. To help Matt which we all want, needs for there to be a decent amicable dialogue that can potentially grow into the right result. Essentially your giving Sid ammo of why not to pay Matt, then Matt might want the money off you!

I posted this to highligh MY personal dealings were delt with professionally and swiftly on a level with the bloke. Sparkie did a video strip of this lump so no shenanigans were called as agreed with Sid. For all he knew sparkie might have forgotten how to build a c1j and we were trying to have him over a barrel. There are ways and means in dealing with people and I can spot a good one over a bad one, ↑ few posts up that's a good one. He isn't made of money and in time with the right dialogue im positive Sid will be all over it
    This makes no sense. " I'm not Mandela..... But"

Couldn't help myself. Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottKinnear View Post
    This makes no sense. " I'm not Mandela..... But"

Couldn't help myself. Sorry
    Bad grammar or the fact hes brown bread Scott?

Post Thanks / Like

Bad grammar or the fact hes brown bread Scott?
    ? Non of the above mate, your equiset two paragraphs were words of high end wisdom

I also didn't mean any offence, IMO what you wrote made perfect sense

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

matts not interested in emails, pm's or the boards and will speak to him in person.. lets say its a solid fact that it was my blunt thread that has caused matt to not get a refund, yet matt had not asked me for a bobby carrot.. this kind of stuff doesn't wash, he can do the right thing..

i still think sids a grade 1 super cnut even if he sorted you out, his clueless and should fk off with his poor mods.. he is not a credit to this club and anyone buying takes a risk, if this was more than your engine he'd have run for the hills..

im happy to talk on matts behalf, he doesn't care, he's not looking for money, hes not gonna send a wide boy threat, but he was turned over..

SO SID, send him his fking money

Post Thanks / Like

Again like ive said, there are ways and means of acheving goals.

Ive been paid so I wonder what the reason is why another hasn't? At the end of the day all this has hijacked the thread to be fair as there is other threads that have been unlocked where this topic could have been expanded not this one.

It makes me laugh as no one can be bothered to offer any sympathy on my resto about this subject but are on it like a tramp on chips when I put this up. Suprising? Not at all.

This thread is to say thanks to a member for fixing my woes. And has true RTOC fashion turned into a load of shite as per

Cheers.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but I'm not gonna let him have the good press..I will poke my head up in every Sid thread and remind everyone about matts refund..

It will get very boring...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been paid so I wonder what the reason is why another hasn't?

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

He should be a bigger man than worry about me being a cnut, that's my choice and my right..

He should just do the right thing...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have to say anymore with comments like that ↑ keep up the good work Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    Still no joy Steve? Perhaps he had a conscience with mine, who knows.....

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Trevhib; 09-01-2014 at 10:55. Reason: Pointless post.

Post Thanks / Like

The way i see it is regardless who wants to act a **** or be arsey towards each other that fact remains Sid sold Matt parts which were unusable/poorly made so Matt has a right to a refund or exchanged parts if thats what he chose

Thats the bottom line and thats what needs to be addressed, if Sids not going to refund him because of abit of hostility towards him for making poor parts then he needs to wake up to the real world! It happens everyday in buisness, christ i get it all day at work when our firm doesn't do something right for a customer

Refund Matt, take it on the chin and move on

If your not prepared to admit the possibility of oneday having an issue with something you make them don't make them, simple!

Post Thanks / Like

Again. Ill reiterate what ive said....

The thread regarding Sids "bad work" was asked to be reopened by me to enable a platform where people who it directly affects (not members who know someone whos been affected) can highlight there issues with refunds or talk about there subject and get a positive outcome. I knew people who had dodgy downpipes when the group buy was on but I didn't feel the need to pipe up on there behalf because they're grown men and would probably resent me for doing so.

This post differs in its a record of a positive outcome to a problem I had that has been well resolved.

Again it goes off on a tangent of argumentative negativity.

Perhaps if you all took a step back and realised your not helping matts situation by constantly alienating Sid, and his work by pointing it out over and over.

So do us a favour go on the other thread and you can moan on someone elses behalf on that thread instead.
    Hijacking a positive outcome and rubbishing isnt going to help anyone surely? ? ?

Im sure your all going to chastise me but I couldnt give a flying. If the thread goes more awry than it is can the admin lock it or delete it. When members make you feel like you shouldn't post or are disinclined to do so for fear of all this bad feeling it ceases to be a car club, more like a playground.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely refunding someone their money is a clear admission of guilt, and why one and not the others? It should be across the board, get it done, put it down to a bad experience and all move on. This could have been dealt with so much better, if a company acted in this way they'd probably lose business and have a bad name next to them.

IMO all this 'development' work should have been done with Sid in conjunction with a willing donor to research, fabricate and test before any unknown part is released and sold into the community...... Anyway it's all too late now i know.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not any business of mine or really of this club beyond helping members interests with their cars, but would it be helpful to simply make a list here of the people who bought and those so far refunded?

Would that also serve to make sure no-one is uncontacted and goes ahead and fits these?

I expect Sid already has a list and has contacted all the buyers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Surely refunding someone their money is a clear admission of guilt, and why one and not the others? It should be across the board, get it done, put it down to a bad experience and all move on. This could have been dealt with so much better, if a company acted in this way they'd probably lose business and have a bad name next to them.

IMO all this 'development' work should have been done with Sid in conjunction with a willing donor to research, fabricate and test before any unknown part is released and sold into the community...... Anyway it's all too late now i know.
    . Some worked and some didn't as we well know. We in essence were the test monkeys of said upgrades.
    Sparkie did a video strip of this lump so no shenanigans were called as agreed with Sid. For all he knew sparkie might have forgotten how to build a c1j and we were trying to have him over a barrel
    If any of you actually read the comments and if you do your research on consumer law, you will find in this area you would HAVE to do a independent video diary to be in ANY position to counter claim.

If what you all saying were to stand up in court (irrespective of morals) id take my plasma back to curry's when id spilt a drink on it or take a hoover back when id sucked up water etc..... I'm not saying Matts done anything like that but Automotive part failure law is a big area, its a good job I have a cousin who's a solicitor.

The worlds courts would be in session for the rest of time arguing cases of his word against mine.

Like I've said!!!!! before you start using derogatory comments and filling the internet with comments that amount to slander without the correct evidence do your research first, find out where you stand and follow the letter of the consumer law NOT RTOC law as it doesn't exist. There is another member in the same boat as me and do you see him gobbing off on here? NO because he's got a brain and understands this method on here doesn't work and wont get him anywhere.

There is a world outside RTOC guys im starting to think you all spend so much time on here in cyberspace you've forgotten what's reality and what's made up in your heads. No wonder people pray on members on here and classifieds when they're gullible enough to think "morals" will get there results, but I suppose the world needs more dreamers and romantics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    It's not any business of mine or really of this club beyond helping members interests with their cars, but would it be helpful to simply make a list here of the people who bought and those so far refunded?

Would that also serve to make sure no-one is uncontacted and goes ahead and fits these?

I expect Sid already has a list and has contacted all the buyers?
    Ian, from what ive been told Sid has made contact with buyers and is in the process of setting up a way of having them back and fixing the problem and returning. He's active on our Facebook group but that's probably down to the fact he isn't getting called a cnut all the time, and the fact we don't judge each other on there. I don't know if Matts issue is actually roller rockers or another part Sid sold him, again if we had a dialog instead of this childish mud slinging we'd actually get somewhere.