Post Thanks / Like

rolling road day, aberdeen

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hey, any 5 owners interested in a rolling road day at Wallace Performance in aberdeen on saturday 6th of april? Few people from Dundee are heading up for a day there, seems i be the only GTT there, be good to meet up with any one else interested who has a renault who up for seing what there pushing or even to give a health check as what im there for after doing the head on mine. Plus im new to the gtt game. Its 40 notes and if there more than 20 motors it goes down to 30 notes. Be a good laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: rolling road day, aberdeen

This might be interesting , If I'm home I would be interested mate, good to see what the blue fives putting out before she goes off the road for some restoration , keep me in the loop , I'm in Brechin so not too far for me and not too far for the AA to bring me home

Post Thanks / Like

I could be into this

its about 1.5 hours drive for me. how soon would you need to know if I could make it??

Post Thanks / Like

Brechin? Thats no far away from me, im newtonhill

Post Thanks / Like

Im finalising the details now tubbyg, however im led to belive its just a turn up meet, couple of mates from dundee asked if i was up for it, they have all sorts of cars, think they have 12 defo for just now, they trying to get the over 20 mark so we get a tenner knocked off. So if you cant make it, its all good as no one will be put out over it. This is my first ever rolling road. Just hope its not all VXRs as i be picked on lol

Post Thanks / Like

ok that makes it easier for me then

I will let you know if I can make it nearer the time

Post Thanks / Like

Snap my clutch cable went the other day. Rac dude put it on in the pouring rain.
    Main thing is you get home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilton_warrior View Post

Brechin? Thats no far away from me, im newtonhill
    Cool I could pop past on the way up , I'll keep you posted.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem

Post Thanks / Like

So who's all going to this then ?? What time etc, I'm waiting on new shocks arriving, should have been here today but I can manage without the new ones , bit bouncy though

Post Thanks / Like

i had a reply from one of the boys who was going to it, they were heading up from tayside to the event. wallace performance cancled our day due to an over sight as another group has already booked for that day, the next one they could offer was in may. i had alook at there prices as i seriously need to see what my fueling is at, also for a health check. was hoping to get a before and after result as groky is making me up a one piece downpipe then i know what i can go for next. the prices were 78 notes for the hour and 60 for two power runs. not that its steep as they have decent facilities and know-how just too much for me on my own, so, idea is perhaps phone them up and ask how many cars are needed to make a wee booking for renault owners in and around scotland, i know to many it would be a long trip to aberdeen but could make it a day that could suit us all, thus brining the cost down and chewing the fat as to stories behind our 5's ect. maybe get a magazine onboard, been done before. if we short of the quota for much cheapness we bound to know a few folk wanting a run. its abit of a dissapointment but its one of those things. maybe there are other rolling road places around that can be used?

Post Thanks / Like

what shocks have you gone for greg? im concidering new ones after i found out my top strut bush/bearing gone

Post Thanks / Like

I know of a RR in huntly if thats within travelling distance for you??

He is an old school geeza who tuned and raced hillman imps I have read good reviews about his work

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.rickygauld.co.uk

Might be worth a call

Post Thanks / Like

Damn was looking forward to it as well , we will get something sorted soon though, I've ordered some from ebay got two fronts for 90 bucks but pretty limited for choice on the phase 1 but you will have more options with the phase 2 though, just needed something to keep me on the road for now, if your needing your strut fixed give me a shout I have a mate who has his own garage in Brechin and I used to work for Renault as a Mechanic so have a wee bit of a background with these cars but if you just did your head you probably won't have any problems , if you need me you know where I am , you ain't to far away

Post Thanks / Like

cheers tubbyG, huntlys no that far away, good wee spin like but worth a cruise. i hae a look

Post Thanks / Like

90 notes is good for phase one stuff, i just bought a few goodies from a chap down in fife, he selling a phase one. i went down for a exhaust manifold so i could get it ported, ended up getting a inlet manifold, plus a long block and box off him. he had a few spares kicking about if your after phase one stuff? aye its all good replacing something what you took apart, however when there is nothing there to replace you go does this bit go this way that way side ways upside down ways ect lol. renault mech? you free at the weekend.....?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilton_warrior View Post
    90 notes is good for phase one stuff, i just bought a few goodies from a chap down in fife, he selling a phase one. i went down for a exhaust manifold so i could get it ported, ended up getting a inlet manifold, plus a long block and box off him. he had a few spares kicking about if your after phase one stuff? aye its all good replacing something what you took apart, however when there is nothing there to replace you go does this bit go this way that way side ways upside down ways ect lol. renault mech? you free at the weekend.....?
    Good to know, Got a night out Friday but could pop up Sunday for a bull**** if you want

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Drop us a message

Post Thanks / Like

didnt know there was anyone on here near bye, im in laurencekirk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cr23g View Post
    didnt know there was anyone on here near bye, im in laurencekirk
    Thought I was the only stupid begger around here but looks like there's three of us now ha ha , mini meet on the cards I think!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greggtt View Post
    Thought I was the only stupid begger around here but looks like there's three of us now ha ha , mini meet on the cards I think!!
    this is a must! haha the car should be ready by the time the salt is off the road!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cr23g View Post
    this is a must! haha the car should be ready by the time the salt is off the road!
    Summer meet it is then !!!

Give me a chance to sort a few niggles out.