Post Thanks / Like

Am thinking of selling my track orientated 5.

Torn between keeping or selling my 5 , same old story about a new baby arrival, doesn't so much force sale but usage has dropped so low that I can't really justify the expense of keeping it on the road just want to see if anyone would be interested on here.

The majority of the good stuff:

C1J!
    Piper high lift valve springs
    Piper BP300 Camshaft
    Piper adjustable Vernier
    Titanium Valve spring caps
    Colsibro Valve Guides
    Three angle valve seats
    Ported and polished cylinder head
    K-Tec tubular manifold (Spent £250 on reinforcing headers @ the Weld shop in Reading)
    T25 turbo from Nissan 200SX S13 rebuilt less than 1500 miles ago with 360degree thrust bearing.
    Line honed block
    Taper pressure plug in block for main gallery feed cleaning (installed last rebuild)
    Lightened flywheel (Originally lightened by K-Tec, further lightening done since)
    Knife edged crankshaft
    Plasma nitrided crankshaft
    Externally balanced crank assembly (clutch, flywheel, timing gear, front pulley hub, front pulley)
    Weight matched conrods (STD)
    Weight matched pistons (STD)
    Valeo volvo clutch
    Inlet manifold matched to head
    Breather water drain to sump blanked.
    2.5" downpipe with lambda takeoff
    GT Tuning "Cybersports" exhaust system
    Massive front mount
    Orange boost hoses
    Gt tuning header tank (relocated o/side of engine bay)
    Gt tuning induction kit
    Braided hoses to radiator o/cooler
    Braided oil feed hose.
    STD Carb (running 15psi currently)
    Totally stripped (no sound deadening roof lining etc)
    Nordskog digital gauges
    Analogue boost pressure gauge
    Innovate motorsports air/fuel ratio
    Quick release std polished steering wheel
    Corbeau revolution 2 bucket seats
    No dash, centre console gauge/switch panel made
    Custom wiring loom (remote central locking retained)
    Gearstick relocated 4" backwards (to reduce having to stretch for 1st/reverse gear)
    Original seatbelt mounting brackets and un-necessary brackets and stuff removed
    Heater box modified to still blow at screen, matrix and direction flaps etc removed
    Matt black paint
    Clio 16v wheels (r888's fitted to front, pretty much at wear limit for road use)
    phase 1 rear arches (small grilles removed)
    K-Tec rear bumper
    STD front bumper and grille (bumper cut as tastefully as possible for intercooler).
    Polycarbonate windows all round (except windscreen), front with sliders.
    Koni adjustables front and rear
    K-tec 50mm springs
    Tarox G88 front discs
    Tarox fast road pads.
    Rear torsion bars adjusted.
    HID bulbs fitted

Shell was originally a GTX, rear arches have been cut using templates from my previous gt turbo (side to side reshell) axle and front subframe swapped over, all new wishbones and suspension components, wheel bearings, brake calipers etc.

Car was built around 4 years ago, and being a second car has done no more than 6000 miles since then, I have done maybe 1100 miles in it since the last MOT in January (car isn't fitted with a heater matrix so a little cold in winter and arrival of my daughter has pretty much taken most of my weekends/free time since then.

There is a patch of rust inside the inner wheel arch, the steering rack needs winding through, (no more adjustment on the n/s wheel, plenty of adjustment on the offside), some paint has flaked off in gutter and scuttle area

So despite still loving the car I am torn between keeping it stored and getting no use out of it and letting it rust away, or sell it to someone who will get some usage out of it.

Some pictures in my profile, also some limited build pics, have loads more if interested.

Have some spares to go with, including GT tuning front bumper (damaged, have started to repair but don't have time), o.e. modified rear bumper (in blue), cast manifold, a good condition std T2, a hybrid t2 (turbo technics, no actuator was fine when fitted, no idea on spec.), spare std crank, GT Tuning "breadbin", alloy fuel tank, Azev A wheels x4 (damaged(cracked) but apparently repairable according to a wheel refurber).

Would be looking to sell for around £2500.00, is that a fair price? Anyone interested?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am thinking of selling my track orientated 5.

Sounds a little like this one, which looks like it went for £2k
    https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=35104

Post Thanks / Like

so it would seem £2000.00 would be a reasonable price to ask?

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

just remember some people will be using this to make a price list for breaking it.. if you think its worth more in bits, break it yourself as im 99% sure someone else will if theres a profit..

Post Thanks / Like

1. Break renault 5
    2. ???
    3. Profit

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5sxLapAts

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to break it, would rather leave it in the garage!

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobester View Post
    I don't want to break it, would rather leave it in the garage!

keep it, break it.. selling will lose you money

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

First dibs on the engine if you decide to break.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just had a look through your profile pictures looks a really good car a lot of effort has gone into engine bay is really tidy all new brake pipes at £2500 I think it's a good buy you defiantly couldn't build the car for that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    I have just had a look through your profile pictures looks a really good car a lot of effort has gone into engine bay is really tidy all new brake pipes at £2500 I think it's a good buy you defiantly couldn't build the car for that
    Thanks Chris, have put a lot of time and effort into this car when i built it, if you'd have asked me two years ago if i'd ever sell it the answer would have been a very sound no! You're right about build price too, I bought new genuine rockers from Renault at around £400.00 for the 8 and the new followers were something like £20 each (have the receipts in a folder somewhere, some of the prices Renault charge are shocking!), bought all new pushrods, adjusters, lock nuts, main bearing bolts etc. speedo was something like £149.00, rev. Counter was £120.00 etc, etc, etc.

All engine machining work has been done at my place of work (engine re-manufacturers) so access to materials (titanium and Colsibro etc) and processes (balancing, plasma nitriding, crankshaft polishing, acid dipping, ultrasonic cleaning etc) have all been readily available, piston to bore clearances, valve stem to guide clearances, spring seat pressures etc have all been set up in house (we build numerous full race engines particularly a-series and Jaguar E-type straight 6) have saved a fortune on machining bills!

Unfortunately though I'm going to dig the log book out and stick it up for sale, I think this year I have done something like 1100miles(just enough to wear out some R888's), I get enough free time to spend maybe a couple of hours a month driving/tinkering, I don't consider the cost of insurance/road tax worth it any longer.

Will stick it in the Classifieds in the next day or so for £2500.00ono for anyone interested.