Post Thanks / Like

can anyone shed some light on probation period for licience

im on my 2 years probation period for new drivers, i have clocked up 6 points.
    i handed my licience in, today it has came back through the post with 6 points marked on my counter-part.
    i was under the impression that as i have got 6 points in 2 years that my licience will be revoked and ordered to take a retest on both theory and practical...am i right in thinking this or is it once you go over the 6 points is when it is revoked?

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: can anyone shed some light on probation period for licience

Yep 6 points in two years, you will get a letter soon, person I work with got their licence back with 6 points then a week later got the letter saying hand your licence in and go take a retest of it all.

Post Thanks / Like

thanx pal, was thinking that i would have to take a retest...does points increase your insurance premiums massively?

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what the points are for, I know the first 3 points for speeding dont count for much. I got stung on insurance as I got 5 points for careless driving when I was 18 and they stay on for 4 years on the licence. But loosing the licence and retaking im guessing is going to sting a lot as well. Think person I work with was only paying 750 for his corsa 1.2 and that is now going to go up to 1300 when he passes his test, got caught speeding twice and both were within a month of each other and about 2 months till the 2 year period was up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Depends on what the points are for, I know the first 3 points for speeding dont count for much. I got stung on insurance as I got 5 points for careless driving when I was 18 and they stay on for 4 years on the licence. But loosing the licence and retaking im guessing is going to sting a lot as well. Think person I work with was only paying 750 for his corsa 1.2 and that is now going to go up to 1300 when he passes his test, got caught speeding twice and both were within a month of each other and about 2 months till the 2 year period was up
    i failed to pay a months insurance, thought i had enough in my bank, drove work minding my own business, then blues n twos in my mirror, told my car wasnt showing up with insurance.

later found out that sky had taken £150 out my bank a day before my insurance was due

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HEMMO R5T View Post
    i failed to pay a months insurance, thought i had enough in my bank, drove work minding my own business, then blues n twos in my mirror, told my car wasnt showing up with insurance.

later found out that sky had taken £150 out my bank a day before my insurance was due
    how many days had passed when your insurance stopped and the police pulled you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    how many days had passed when your insurance stopped and the police pulled you?
    11 days, had a letter from the insurers but as all my post goes to my parants house i never got it, didnt think anything of it tbh