Post Thanks / Like

Toyota are a Joke

Bit of a story here, my Corolla Compressor developed severe vibrations through the clutch pedal if you changed gear at 4000rpm or over. It basically makes the car very uncomfortable to drive so I booked it in as it is still under warranty.

Toyota test drove the car and agreed that there was a problem and that it was more than likely mechanical so would be covered under warranty.

Anyway I got a phone call today from them saying that they had taken the clutch apart and that they could not find any mechanicla fault so the car is completely normal! because of this I am liable for the £600 labour bill to take the clutch apart and to put it back together. (Its still in bits at the moment)

Its far from normal to have this severe vibration I know! It never used to do it and no car I know has ever done it. My thought were that maybe the flywheel was warped or the realease bearing was worn, diaphram fingers (Which they say are slightly corroded) or even a mount but they that all of these are fine. Does anyone on here know what the problem could be?

I have left it with Toyota that I am not going to cover the cost as they have not actually told me what the problem is as they do not know! With this in mind, how can they say its not mechanical?? Im totally confused! On the other hand though they are saying that the clutch is 50% worn and they will replace it for £300!! I said well that makes it mechanical then dosent it?? We are just going around in circles and both standing our ground.

Its very disappointing that they do not know what is wrong with their own car! I Think that I am going to tell them to fix it without replacing any mechanical parts, this should be a challenge for them and that I will not collect the car until its done.

Could any of you guys on here give me any sort of advice? I would greatly appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toyota are a Joke

vibration through clutch pedel, not many things it could be really. warped flywheel, warped clutch cover fingers, broken cover springs, misaligned cover. we had a mini in a few days ago with a similar vibration but all the time, that had snapped the plastic parts either side of the releas bearing so that the clutch fork was applying pressure on the cover springs instead of the bearing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reply Tony. I was thinking the same, surely it has to be a mechanical faul dosent it??

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Be very careful about warrenty issues on clutch's.... Some small print means clutch and other running gear only covered for a year.... Motorline toyota have done that to a few instructors around here..... Vauxhal just as bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Be very careful about warrenty issues on clutch's.... Some small print means clutch and other running gear only covered for a year.... Motorline toyota have done that to a few instructors around here..... Vauxhal just as bad
    I have looked at the warranty, as long as its a mechanical fault then it is covered by warranty....