Post Thanks / Like

hmmmmm honda people

ive been a honda owner for over a year now, been on a few of their forums and from what i can see, unless your car is covered in spoon, mugen, takata and the rest of the japanese jibberish, noone wants to know, one fella even paid almost £100 for a spoon thermostat and when i questioned him what does the spoon one do that the honda one doesnt i didnt get a reply

glad to see the renault peeps can appreciate the oe'ness aswell as the modified

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hmmmmm honda people

hehe honda forums crack me..

take one £300 honda eg with a bit of mot on it..

Add anodised red screws and a sticker..

put it on honda owners at £1200 and watch people comment on how lovely it is..

Post Thanks / Like

I think age has a lot to do with it, civiclife is one of the worst forums, but hondatech is not too bad, I think it's a generally older crowd on there than civiclife, likewise on here I think the average age is creeping up and you can tell by the no bull****
    Sort of threads/posts.

It's only when you spend time on oter forums you really realise rtoc is top notch

Cliosport is one of the worst! I asked a question about doing the timing belt some time ago, and I got back was "just take it too a garage mate"
    I don't think many of them have ever had dirt under there finger nails, just polish lol

Post Thanks / Like

I think most Japanese car forums are the same to be honest, the MLR (for Evo's and that lark) is about 80% in the 'if that didn't cost a grand, I'm not interested' camp The more things cost, the better it has to be, and you'd be an idiot to buy the cheaper version.
    Still, there's some really cool people on there

All the Greddy, HKS stuff is just fashion accessories to a lot of the Jap crowd and they get scene points for having the most
    And like Rob said, it has a lot to do with age of people knocking about on those forums, maybe not MLR, they're all old boys, ask Bill They'll learn soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

The mlr are mental, i spent around 4 years on there, listening to people being suckered in by the new must have inter cooler or turbo all in the desperate vain to get an extra 10 horses I bet aidy is still on there winding people up.

I sometimes pop onto mini torque, god what a bunch of clowns on there to, they really think there cars are the nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

The amount the jap crew pay for takata harnesses!! fooking insane!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratcher View Post
    maybe not MLR, they're all old boys, ask Bill They'll learn soon enough.
    I saw that

JAP Tax - You've got to love it!

The people on the MLR crack me up. As has been said numerous times, in numerous different places, if you haven't spent at least £10k with a tuner, then you're 'not worthy', in some members opinion. One of my favourites, is when someone asks a question, only to get numerous replies of "consult your tuner"! Errm, but I only asked what colour socks I should wear today

Yes, there are a few top drawer, genuine people on there though (There's plenty of past and present RTOC members ).

I haven't been on there for god knows how long, and my membership expired a while back. The constant need to feel like you have to spend a fortune on anything and everything does my loaf in. Yet, I'm still on RTOC all the time (much to some people's annoyance ). RTOC - THE best car related club on the net

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say Jap forums are all bad, I quite like the sxoc, and it's such a diverse club it covers nearly everything you could want and more. There's never a shortage of home built motors with rediculous engine conversions, it's one of those places that encourages different engine choices, much like here I suppose.

The S15oc is plain boring, but that's due to the lack of members.

Drifworks just makes me think of fan boy, I own an awesome (****ter) drift machine. I got bored of reading the same threads over, most people think they're a pro on there. It's also a place NEVER to buy mechanical parts from as they're going to be ****ed from abuse.

Wheels are a popular trade for the Nissan lot and if they're Jap imported with good widths and offsets you'll see them go for £1k + all day long. That's used wheels too. I can't remember how much I paid for mine, but it was no where near that and they're over £2k new for the sizes I run, without tyres.
    Last edited by Adam L; 28-09-2011 at 21:48.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all about JDM. If you don't have it your car is no good!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob@Backyardracing View Post
    I think age has a lot to do with it, civiclife is one of the worst forums, but hondatech is not too bad, I think it's a generally older crowd on there than civiclife, likewise on here I think the average age is creeping up and you can tell by the no bull****
    Sort of threads/posts.

It's only when you spend time on oter forums you really realise rtoc is top notch

Cliosport is one of the worst! I asked a question about doing the timing belt some time ago, and I got back was "just take it too a garage mate"
    I don't think many of them have ever had dirt under there finger nails, just polish lol
    i HATE cliosport, so much so i let my membership expire, and wont be renewing

i asked about a boot light switch, after 5 minutes the post was lost with 'what colour are your wheel nut' and 'what is your favourite hollyoaks cast member' posts..

Post Thanks / Like

guy selling some low profile second hand headlights on mx5 nutz..

I though , hmm i quite like the look of them... how much.

£500 plus postage..

hmm maybe not, roudn headlights will do me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    guy selling some low profile second hand headlights on mx5 nutz..

I though , hmm i quite like the look of them... how much.

£500 plus postage..

hmm maybe not, roudn headlights will do me
    lol you could buy half a car for that price!

Post Thanks / Like

Why do Subaru owners do that gay little nod, when u drive past them in your scooby? Never known it with any other car, makes me cringe lol. You've only got to wait two minutes and you'd see another one haha. I saw a red five yesterday and was shouting through my window and peeping my horn to get his attention, anyone on here btw? he said he had a Subaru as well..
    Last edited by wrightygtt; 01-10-2011 at 18:24.