East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

K-Seal

Ok, heard of this product on the market which allegedly is a 'permanent' repair for failed headgaskets, knackered radiators etc and used by the AA. It is put into cooling system and seals where it meets air (point that leaks). Am I right in thinking is just another type of rad-weld which is an easy bodge solution, my mate bought a 106 GTI off fleabay with leaky rad and suspected headgasket failure, popped bottle of that in run it up and its fine! Got a leaky heater matrix on the raider that dribbles a bit of coolant in footwell from time to time, proper way to fix it is dash out and fit new heater matrix, easy way seems tempting using some of this stuff, although dont think it would do the cooling system any favours so think replace heater matrix time...

Anyone heard of this stuff or used it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: K-Seal

Good for a quick short term fix to get you out the ****e but I think you know the answer already

Post Thanks / Like

hehe.. a certainly person at my work , who i dont really like recetnly had a 205 diesel blow the hg on here.. dispite me trying to lead her in the right direction she would not replace it and instead has paid £30 for a project called steel somthing.. (yellow fluid).. she put it in and it fixed it... for around 12 hours.. then out with friends the car banged and flooded the place in white smoke...

Do it once.. do it proper.. .

Post Thanks / Like

Very true, used rad-weld before and that was pretty nasty, heater stopped working very shortly afterwards that sort of stuff is what people use when they ebay a motor, then it all goes pete tong on the new owner on the way home

Post Thanks / Like

i reckon you could put the heater matrix in the other way an just run pipes back out in to he bay....just an idea..

Post Thanks / Like

lol then passenger gets wet feet! Time for new matrix, its lasted nearly 21 years and need to get proper Renault coolant instead of this pink stuff I got at mo

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My brother purchased a Megane, and after about 1 month of driving it started loosing a lot of water. In the end had the head gasket changed and what looked like somebody had poured loads of the k-seal or of similar stuff in the cars waters and corrected the problem for the time being just enough to sell the car on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    lol then passenger gets wet feet! Time for new matrix, its lasted nearly 21 years and need to get proper Renault coolant instead of this pink stuff I got at mo
    no!!!,i mean get matrix out without takin dash out an plumb it back differant way....also im sure you could mod the matrix an still get pipes on the end...

Post Thanks / Like

weathers getting nice, if you dont fancy your matrix you could just bridge the hoses. i wouldnt use k seal. fill your rad, block, matrix hoses header tank with crap. Do it once do it right as previously stated

Post Thanks / Like

Use k-seal if you want your rad/heater matrix blocking up pure bodge job gear. Fix it properly fix it once...

Post Thanks / Like

Dont waste your time using it, as stated it aint no good, just for a quick fix only. It takes forever to get it out the sytem too, one flush wont get rid im afraid. Replace the matrix, its the best way, its not too bad a job, just a bit time consuming.

Post Thanks / Like

Payday treat, matrix it is! wasnt seriously gonna put that stuff in it, had bad experiences with other peoples rad-weld botches! Taking matrix out without removing dash would be proper helpfull though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    Payday treat, matrix it is! wasnt seriously gonna put that stuff in it, had bad experiences with other peoples rad-weld botches! Taking matrix out without removing dash would be proper helpfull though...
    i can do it in about hour and a half if u need it done fella, we did oli's a month or so back

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh right niceone dude, topman that would be appreciated muchos if you could give me a hand, could come down your neck of woods sometime soon?!

Couple weeks be good as raider is my daily at the mo, clio cup wont start, think needs a coil pack