Post Thanks / Like

Insurance help

My girlfriend has been involved in a accident which wasnt her fault, she stopped at a set of traffic lights that were red she applied the handbrake. then the van infront decided he was in the wrong lane so he quickly reversed back into my girlfriends puma.
    the damage doesnt look all the bad
    the front bumper will need replacing.
    the bonnet will need replacing
    it will need a new headlight
    and the cross member is bent.
    what i want to know is do you think they will right the car off? as its a 2000 ford puma.

the van driver has admitted liabilty so its all good in that respect however the car has outstanding fianance.
    so if they do write the car off what happens with paying out does the fianance company get the money?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Insurance help

yeah finance has to be paid off

Post Thanks / Like

i was told that usaly when the car has been written off the insurance company offers it back real cheap.
    but who will get offerd the car back? us or the finance company?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
    i was told that usaly when the car has been written off the insurance company offers it back real cheap.
    but who will get offerd the car back? us or the finance company?
    hi mate i have had this not so long ago if she has hit the back of the van then you will have problems
    you need to get the van driver to admitted liabilty on paper mate with out this it dont mean a thing and he can change hes mind at any time. i take it is the front of your girlfriends car he has hit with the back of hes van
    Last edited by raider_gtt; 15-02-2011 at 14:11.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raider_gtt View Post
    hi mate i have had this not so long ago if she has hit the back of the van then you will have problems
    No the van reversed into her and the van driver has admitted liability + she has a witness

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
    No the van reversed into her and the van driver has admitted liability + she has a witness

what on paper admitted liability YOU NEED THIS DONE as its dont mean a thing untill its done witness or not as he can change hes mind anytime and cos its the back of hes van it would be classed as your girlfriends fault becouse its the back of hes van it allways the one behinds fault tust me i have just had this myself and the driver changed her mind and i did have a leg to stand on

Leeds & South Yorkshire Area Rep
    Loose Bolts Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

car will be written off by the sounds of it. sounds like this will get messy as i bet the van driver suddenly gets whiplash and then says she smashed into him.

Post Thanks / Like

what on paper admitted liability YOU NEED THIS DONE as its dont mean a thing untill its done witness or not as he can change hes mind anytime and cos its the back of hes van it would be classed as your girlfriends fault becouse its the back of hes van it allways the one behinds fault tust me i have just had this myself and the driver changed her mind and i did have a leg to stand on
    This is why i hate insurance companys, how the hell can he tell them it was his fault he reversed into her and then say "ive changed my mind actually she drove into me"
    no wonder theres so many un insured drivers on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

well the hire car just arrived a very nice 10 plate megane they can keep the puma

Post Thanks / Like

Every case is different and should not be tarred with the same brush as all circumstances/case are different and will be treated on their own merit. If this were not true then there would be no need for a court case let a lone a judge who casts a sentence with the severity depending on the facts. Each crime would have a set sentence.

An independant witness will be enough, as long as they do actually get involved as a lot do not as they fear retaliation.
    Last edited by Rob1980; 16-02-2011 at 08:21.

Post Thanks / Like

Revived the cheque today £1890 & got to keep the car. Not a bad payout for a xreg puma