Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Being pulled by the cops

Whats the most pathetic thing you have been pulled over by the law for?

I just got pulled over for avoiding a pothole, he done a made turn in the road and hunted me down like a criminal then proceeded to treat me like one, in abit of a rush arent you, is this your car, do you have insurance, are you known to the police, do you have any points on your licence.

All to which I answerd no im not in a rush i just didnt fancy damaging my car on that massive hole in the ground, to which he replied O well be carefull how you drive on you go.

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Being pulled by the cops

I got pulled over twice in a couple of hours last monday in my gtt...routine check apparantly?! Never been pulled at all since buying it until then.

Both commented on how clean/rare car it is, then usual insurance/mot/tax questions, i know all this should be checked on the anpr before stopping. Nowt better to do me thinks.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been pulled once, and only then because I deserved it..

Funny really, because all but 1 car (completely standard campus) I've owned I've probably looked too young to be driving, as it's either been GT Turbo lookalike, several GT Turbo's, a 200sx and two BMW's

Post Thanks / Like

I got pulled over in the Clio so the Copper could see the car!! Said he'd never seen one in the flesh..He then told me never to worry about being chased as the Astras etc round these parts are only a 1.9 diesel..He told me to just floor it!

Post Thanks / Like

this is going back sometime now . but i just passed my bike test back when the r6 was launched . which i bought brand new . it was a t reg 1999 model . rozzers pulled me one night on way home in a riot van . they dropped the officer of the law of then the rest in the van proceeded to go on to the garage just up the road . bearing in mind this is 2.30 in the morning . he said to me nothing to worry about . just wondered what speed you had out of it . i'm a keen biker myself and was thinking of getting one . to which i replied 70mph officer . he said come on just between you and me what have you had out of it . to which i replied again 70mph on a303 duel carrageway. to which he replied ok mate nice bike , look after it . then walked of up the road to the garage . got back in the van and went on . i'm thinking and the point was .....

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I got pulled on the M5 doing 65 when running mine in, pretty soon after a curry night up near Jesus'. Guy was nice and basically wanted a nosey around the car, then he said... "when you set off, can you floor it? We'll watch you, we've had a bet..."

Anyway i did, and 2 miles later they came up alingside all smiles and thumbs up

Then after the last Brands Hatch outing i stopped off at the services to check the trailer and guess who pulled up for another chat... They kept asking if it had gone bang since they last saw it... blah blah the usual. Nothing better to do...

Post Thanks / Like

Had a police officer jump into the road in front of me with his hand up once when going through the local town in the old Evo, I was doing 5-10mph & thought WTF.
    Apparently it was necessary to do this as my number plate was to small & illegal, which apparently he could give me points for I said go on then (it was a town bobby & I was getting a bit irate as I've shortened the convo a bit) when he couldn't do this he got on the radio to call in traffic, they must have been busy as he came back & sent me on my way

Post Thanks / Like

I've been pulled over about 6 times in the last year. Always by the same retard copper in the same part of town. I've never done anything wrong, something to do with me being the best man at his wedding.

Tosser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post
    I've been pulled over about 6 times in the last year. Always by the same retard copper in the same part of town. I've never done anything wrong, something to do with me being the best man at his wedding.

Tosser.

Post Thanks / Like

been pulled over before for my car being to low...!

another time for them to search my car for a gun :| clearly have nothing to do !!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Been pulled by the police a few times ...one time i was taking my brother in law a run in the turbo ...went to turn round in a carpark ..police came in ..and spoke to me ...took me in the car etc.

Their reason was "this carpark is used for dogging!!" ..i replied "REALLY!?! ....ILL REMEMBER THIS NEXT TIME IM OUT DOGGING!"

Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I got pulled by the rozzers in my own village. Just got off my drive then on with the blue's n 2's.

Started lecturing me about how inappropriate it was to drive with no seat belt and how it was not fair to other road users. I tried to explain myself but he kept rambleing on about how unpleasant it would be for him to have to knock on my door and explain to my missus about the accident where I'd died as a direct result of not wearing my seat belt. I tried to explain again, but on he went further about how he was a new cop in the village and things where going to get safer under his careful watchful eye.

At this point I started rocking backwards and forwards as hard and as fast as I couI'm ld, he must have thought I was having a seizure. He asked, 'are you ok?' yup I replied, going nowhere with these harnesses on though. I had left the seatbelt in as it can be useful if you're just popping to the supermarket or just pulling round the corner. The look on his face did not change but as arrogant as you like he informed me that he would be watching out for me and I should be on my way.

Tosser.

Post Thanks / Like

I was with my mate when he got pulled by a copper for wearing a baseball cap while driving when the copper said that I started to laugh. he got all arsey and said if I didn't take this serious he would arrest us both. then his partner finally got out the car told us how lucky we are they had just got a more important shout. must off been some paint drying somewhere.

When I was 18-22 I use to get pulled almost every week for alsorts of silly reasons.

Got stopped for being on the phone while sat in my car parked up on the kerb back in 98. copper said he had reports of me braking in to my own car. which was a rusty £100 ****ter of a Fiat uno. made me sit in there car as they searched my car for proof it belonged to me.

Also got pulled for drink driving two times on the same road only two miles apart in the same journey. The second copper said yes there was a record of me being breathalysed already that night but I may of had a drink since then.

but always found old coppers would just tell me to go on my way, young coppers had a point to prove and women coppers oh my god less I say about them the better

But luckily with age thev have left me alone once n the last 8 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to jinx myself (Opps!) but I've only been pulled over 3 times in 15 years of driving. The last time was 11 years ago when I'd just bought my gtt, and the car was still in the previous owner's name, and I'm not a female

The 2 times previous to that were within a week of each other, in my old XR2. Once was a routine stop, and the other time the officer thought I was speeding because he could hear my exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

i have been tugged by the old bill millions of times the most stupid has got to be is, have you told dvla that you have chanced the color of your car, then started questioning about my speed oh another 1 is about the position of my seat saying that it was to far away from the steering wheel, he asked if i passed my test with it like that told him yes and he soon went away. the funniest thing i have done to the old bill is follow a traffic car a round a roundabout 3 or 4 times untill he pulled me got all the usual question mot,insurance etc then he asked why i done it told him it was because you lot do it to me so i thought i would do it to you lot he didnt like it but he could do me for nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by modfather View Post
    i have been tugged by the old bill millions of times the most stupid has got to be is, have you told dvla that you have chanced the color of your car, then started questioning about my speed oh another 1 is about the position of my seat saying that it was to far away from the steering wheel, he asked if i passed my test with it like that told him yes and he soon went away. the funniest thing i have done to the old bill is follow a traffic car a round a roundabout 3 or 4 times untill he pulled me got all the usual question mot,insurance etc then he asked why i done it told him it was because you lot do it to me so i thought i would do it to you lot he didnt like it but he could do me for nothing

Non-member old skool turbo power's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Whats the most pathetic thing you have been pulled over by the law for?

I just got pulled over for avoiding a pothole, he done a made turn in the road and hunted me down like a criminal then proceeded to treat me like one, in abit of a rush arent you, is this your car, do you have insurance, are you known to the police, do you have any points on your licence.

All to which I answerd no im not in a rush i just didnt fancy damaging my car on that massive hole in the ground, to which he replied O well be carefull how you drive on you go.

Mat
    been pulled over for the exact same think in bham.avoiding a pot hole,i was then asked if i had been drinkingi was like no.few more silly questions then i was off on my way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    I got pulled by the rozzers in my own village. Just got off my drive then on with the blue's n 2's.

Started lecturing me about how inappropriate it was to drive with no seat belt and how it was not fair to other road users. I tried to explain myself but he kept rambleing on about how unpleasant it would be for him to have to knock on my door and explain to my missus about the accident where I'd died as a direct result of not wearing my seat belt. I tried to explain again, but on he went further about how he was a new cop in the village and things where going to get safer under his careful watchful eye.

At this point I started rocking backwards and forwards as hard and as fast as I couI'm ld, he must have thought I was having a seizure. He asked, 'are you ok?' yup I replied, going nowhere with these harnesses on though. I had left the seatbelt in as it can be useful if you're just popping to the supermarket or just pulling round the corner. The look on his face did not change but as arrogant as you like he informed me that he would be watching out for me and I should be on my way.

Tosser.
    i had exactly the same happen in my old ali g mobile campus, except it was in central coventry and 2 unmarked cars boxed me in, they all jumped out and gave me the lecture before they noticed the harnesses and sent me on my way