Post Thanks / Like

Trading in my Williams 3. Possible Bargain to be had for RTOC members!

Hello All

I am buying a new car and I am going to be trading in my Williams 3. I have been offered £1200 Trade in which I believe to be a massive underpricing but it is a price that I will take.

Anyway I am willing to offer my Williams 3 to you guys if any of you are interested? Obviously I will not take less than the trade in but if any of you are interested then please PM me and I will give you my number so that we can have a little chat.

The wheel arches have started to go and there is a leak from the sun roof that will need fixing. It requires a lock on the passenger side door as some d1ck punched it through to break into it. It went straight through the MOT in December with only 2 advisories, 1 for for 3 tires wearing a bit low (still got 3mm and the other I changed due to a puncture) and a tracking rod end. The wheels also need a refurb and the drivers door has dropped a bit. I do have the kit to fix this though which I will include.

Its on a private plate at the moment and I am sending the stuff off tomorrow to change it back to its origional plate. This will probably take a a week of so and then all the documents will be back in my hands. It has a full service history and I have recently put on a brand new Renault mid box and a brand new back box, all of which I have receipts for.

Anyway if any of you are interested then you need to buy it within the next week. Obviously I would rather sell it to one of you guys than trade it in so please PM me ASAP. I have not put this in the classifieds as its not a normal sale. If you feel this is wrong then pease feel free to move it.

Im having trouble with the pics so I will email them to you if you want them

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trading in my Williams 3. Possible Bargain to be had for RTOC members!

£1200 is not a bad price for a willams 3.there was a williams 1 on here for £1200 i think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 005 View Post
    £1200 is not a bad price for a willams 3.there was a williams 1 on here for £1200 i think
    Well I am open offers of around that as thats what I will be getting for trading it in. No one seems interested though so I may put it on autotrader for a week and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit more info if any of your are interested.

Its a Williams 3 so a N 1996. It has just done over 110K.

Its has recently had a new back and mid box, new water pump, new battery and a new drive shaft. I have receipts for everything along with the service history apart form the one I had done in May! I do have it, I just cant find it at the moment.

It has had 4 previous owners, I have had it just over 3 years and the owner before me has had it since 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit more info for you all now that i have had time to sit down and think.

All the gauges work but I doubt the accuracy or the pressure gauge as its very spuradic but this is common.

The passenger door still locks but not along with the central locking.

I do have 2 sets of keys and other than the passenger door, the central locking does work. It does fully work sometimes though!

I am the legal owner on the V5. I have just had to send it away along with the MOT and a photocopy of the tax disk to get my private plate changed to my new car. This will all be returned to hopefully within the next 7 days.

The sunroof and interior light no longer work. I suspect that this is due to the leak in the sunroof as water got into that part. The mirrors do not work either but they used to until recently. It has a bit of rust on the bonnet.

I use the car daily and it has never let me down. I have just completed a 160 mile round trip to view my now new car. It really is a good runner. It starts first time also.

Post Thanks / Like

If you fail to sell and end up going for trade in.......can I buy the plastic mesh from the vent??
    Im sure the garage wouldn't notice it missing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tubbyG View Post
    If you fail to sell and end up going for trade in.......can I buy the plastic mesh from the vent??
    Im sure the garage wouldn't notice it missing
    Ha ha! Im sure they would not but to be honest I cant be bothered to take it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1980 View Post
    Ha ha! Im sure they would not but to be honest I cant be bothered to take it off.
    Fair do's mate....would be some easy moneys for you though......the search continues!