Post Thanks / Like

rolling road 5gt flame thrower hi 5 tuning

hi all, went to chip wizards rolling road just to see what figures are before i rebuild engine with new head and cam for 2011. the car has done a lot this year and been very reliable so time to refresh the engine. figures were very good, 270bhp with no nos it just would not grip on rollers with nos on. bit of a shame. take a look at the video http://www.youtube.com/user/Phat32VR.../1/4nznrqY-TcY
    we gate crashed a vw rolling road day, good day out. hopfully more power for next year. 270bhp plus 150bhp of nos not to bad, going for 300 bhp plus 150 bhp nos for 2011, should be good hopfully have ganni's time next year
    Last edited by Hi 5; 19-12-2010 at 19:03.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: rolling road 5 flame thrower hi 5 tuning

Thats good going mate!

Would of been interesting to see the power it does with the NOS, either way know its a fair bit!

Will be good to see what it does next year with the new mods, just to let you know i'm wanting to go see progress on the C1J build and also wanting to have my Volvo head checked so will be asking about a head for you too mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Thats good going mate!

Would of been interesting to see the power it does with the NOS, either way know its a fair bit!

Will be good to see what it does next year with the new mods, just to let you know i'm wanting to go see progress on the C1J build and also wanting to have my Volvo head checked so will be asking about a head for you too mate.
    as guessing its about 400bhp but it was wheel spinning that much the rollers would not give a correct reading at all on nos shame

Post Thanks / Like

my head is now done pal done it myself

Post Thanks / Like

Hes a good man Wyne @ chipwizards... ive been over to him a few times... he sets up all our Porches Cup championship cars we look after... Never used his dyno on our honda tho...

Nice 5 you have there but looking forward to your new project mate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob@Backyardracing View Post
    Hes a good man Wyne @ chipwizards... ive been over to him a few times... he sets up all our Porches Cup championship cars we look after... Never used his dyno on our honda tho...

Nice 5 you have there but looking forward to your new project mate
    yes the set up hes has seem really good just a shame about grip on rollers new project is well under way have 80 % of the engine parts all the expensive parts anyway carnt wait but still need to try with reggy need to beat santi first