Post Thanks / Like

battery tray prob

i was of to south end to get some new alloy and my car had a flat battery!!!
    i took the battey out and the tray is rotton it cam out in two peaces whats the wire for coming off it that comes up from the wing and i have a small hole what would any one do

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: battery tray prob

Take the bugger out and , contact this nice man and problem solved....https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=11608

Post Thanks / Like

the tray
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    Take the bugger out and , contact this nice man and problem solved....https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=11608
    What about the rust underneath the tray? There is also a small hole next to the one you can see in the picture, should i grind that all out or weld a new plate in place. Do you know what the lead/tube under the tray is? Its too dirty to work out exactly at the min.

Post Thanks / Like

the tube, if it's the one to the top right corner you're talikng about is a drainage pipe that should have been connected to the bottom of the tray. it runs down inside the wing and pokes out of the bottom by the side skirt, unless that's not the one you mean

as for the rust, give it a poke around and see how much disappears, if the rest is sound you may get away with filling the hole with weld and grinding it back, then get some rust treatment and follow the instructions. i'm no expert but that's what i'd do

Post Thanks / Like

thats not to bad at all,i repaired the M's battery area a while ago now,and it was way worse than that,all you need is to paint it over with....yep you guessed it por 15 paint then put a small patch of glass fibre on that tiny hole then paint over again job done.

as for the battery tray itself go for the stainless item suggested by jesus or just get a good oe one an replace with that.

Post Thanks / Like

cheers lads iv sent him a mesage asking for a try i waiting for him to get back to me. his try ant badly priced ether iv seen them for over £45