Post Thanks / Like

Just a heads up about Front Shocks P2

this is just a heads up about the front p2 shocks, as some of you will know im replacing mikes front suspension, i tried ordering 3 lots of oe equivalent on ebay to find i had 3 refunds and be told there all out of stock including the suppliers, then i ordered from france again to get refunded, i then rang 4 local big suppliers to get the same answer no stock at the suppliers, i checked with kyb and they no longer make them either, i then luckily got the rtoc shop koni's which are the second last set in the uk

all im saying is theres very little stock anywhere and in future if people want new they may need to approach some big company and maybe offer up another group buy, as once whats let over has gone thats it i think

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just a heads up about Front Shocks P2

Damn it, just gave away a good set for free as well

Post Thanks / Like

Did you actually try Renault?

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like alot of the stuff now, odd bargain on ebay and stock drying up. Recently the oe Purlux oil filters stocked by the likes of GSF, and now new phase 2 shocks. Cars are now 22 years+ and have thought to myself its pretty amazing to be able to buy new parts old stock for as long as we have

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Did you actually try Renault?
    tbh mate i didnt but dale said zf trading had 2 sachs in stock lol, i tried gsf karl for these too but again they were not listed, i was just surprised thats all julian i also understand that the cars are 22+ years and that stock will run out sooner or later, oh well as i said a heads up, we got the 2nd to last konis in the uk going on 2morrow pmsl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R5MJH View Post
    tbh mate i didnt but dale said zf trading had 2 sachs in stock lol, i tried gsf karl for these too but again they were not listed, i was just surprised thats all julian i also understand that the cars are 22+ years and that stock will run out sooner or later, oh well as i said a heads up, we got the 2nd to last konis in the uk going on 2morrow pmsl
    Mine wasn't a sarcastic remark btw, just wondered if they were still available from Renault? Do they differ much from "normal" five dampers? But as you say, you would have thought the pattern parts would be available for longer.

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Mine wasn't a sarcastic remark btw, just wondered if they were still available from Renault? Do they differ much from "normal" five dampers? But as you say, you would have thought the pattern parts would be available for longer.
    Renault don't show any stock for the GT Turbo UK or France and the normal R5 ones are different.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R5MJH View Post
    Just took another look, they say they have 7 in stock, but stock is running low, plus I have noticed a lot of catalogues have started removing the cars from their lists.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like coil overs all round then

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Just took another look, they say they have 7 in stock, but stock is running low, plus I have noticed a lot of catalogues have started removing the cars from their lists.
    this is true the strange thing is they still make and list the earlier ones which is odd if you ask me

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

gaz make to order, both phase 1 and 2