Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

The track police will be keeping a eye out (posing as a rtoc member )

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Duncan - You only require 1 track pstyles car)r car (I assume you have purchased the Entry+Track). Rob will need to purchase an additional Drivers pass £25 (via club shop) and attend the briefing. 3rd Driver would do the same as Rob. I'm guessing your cars not going to get any rest lol . What are you bringing?

Thanks for confirming and works well for us, same as a normal trackday

It's a la gold Pro comp race car(7 stylee car) which I put the Nissan 200ax sr20det turbo lump in. Only running baby 230bhp atm but total car sub 600kg managed over 5hrs on track last year but will be out all Day this time

DG

Post Thanks / Like

So what's the format on this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    And the additional driver pass only provides access not driving, that's another £20 for each of the four 15 minute slots.

If each person wants to drive the same car three hours each they normally would have to buy a full day ticket wouldn't they?

Will most of the full fee payers be driving for three hours or more??
    The Additional Drivers pass allows this driver "on track". He/she will need a car to use of course. They can only use cars that have already purchased Trackday pass's. For example: DanC has bought a Track and Entry and Car.Crash Additional Driver pass. DanC can let Car.Crash use his car on track (as his car has a Trackday pass). With this example, we wont have anymore cars on track than there already is.

If Car.Crash decided he is having so much fun and wants to put his car on track, he will need to purchase a Track Time session for £20 or 2 @ £40. Yes we will have an additional car on track but we have covered this before.

Hope this makes sense.

Most fee payers will have their cars on track for more than 3 hours, assuming they dont give up!
    Last edited by Romil Davda; 25-06-2013 at 22:54. Reason: edit

Post Thanks / Like

All, just wanted to say I hope you all have a great time this year at ND. It will be the first one I've missed since being part of the club but I'm (hopefully) getting the keys to my new place this Friday and have loads of work to do before I move in.

The 5's been tucked up now for 18 months but will make a return I hope for this time next year.

Happy boosting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post
    All, just wanted to say I hope you all have a great time this year at ND. It will be the first one I've missed since being part of the club but I'm (hopefully) getting the keys to my new place this Friday and have loads of work to do before I move in.

The 5's been tucked up now for 18 months but will make a return I hope for this time next year.

Happy boosting
    Thanks buddy, there's always next year. If I spin out again, it'll be for you.

Post Thanks / Like

How have I missed this?!

I will try and pop along for the day at Santa Pod. If I can fit a detail in on the 5 between others I'll head up and meet everyone there

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratcher View Post
    How have I missed this?!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All tickets that have been paid for have now been posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont think my cars gonna be ready for next weekend trying my nest to get it all done and ready moneys just tight atm with going on holiday, might have to just come in the work van

Post Thanks / Like

Can I pay on the gate on Saturday morning for a day pass and camping on the night I plan on going to pod Sunday morning? Or do I have to buy my tickets before hand?

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    Can I pay on the gate on Saturday morning for a day pass and camping on the night I plan on going to pod Sunday morning? Or do I have to buy my tickets before hand?
    Payment on arrival is fine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by w35ty View Post
    Dont think my cars gonna be ready for next weekend trying my nest to get it all done and ready moneys just tight atm with going on holiday, might have to just come in the work van
    I've started a "What is required" thread for ND... Can you all check it out and make a list of what is outstanding to get your car to ND and also your location, as someone maybe local with the part/help you require.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    All tickets that have been paid for have now been posted.
    By "Ticket" you meed a green wristband, right? (For full track access too)

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    By "Ticket" you meed a green wristband, right? (For full track access too)
    Yes. We'll be given the track band once we have the briefing though

Post Thanks / Like

Received my tickets today so thanks for that Ian.
    I take it I get my drivers pass after the briefing as Alex says and I will be on a list with the rest.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You're on your own list at the moment

Post Thanks / Like

is there anywhere to get food onsite or nearby, or do I need to be doing an asda bigshop before I go?

Post Thanks / Like

Get a throw away BBQ, that's what we're doing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    I am very pleased to announce the following for the Renault Turbo UK Festival 2013 @ Blyton Park:

• Additional Driver: £25.
      • Must attend the Drivers Briefing in the morning
      • Drivers Wrist Band will be allocated once briefing attended
    • Track Time: £20 per session.
      • Each session is 15 minutes.
      • All Drivers must obtain a Additional Drivers pass (as per above)
      • 4 sessions throughout the day (+/- depending on take up)
    At a high level:
    You can purchase an Additional Driver pass (must attend briefing) and use this to drive other peoples cars on track, assuming they have either a Track Day pass or purchased Track Time. This is great for passengers/friends or others to try their hand at some track action.
    Track Time is 15 minutes per session. Looking at going on the hour, with 4 sessions throughout the day. This is a great opportunity to either test your driving skills or see what your car can really do! All drivers on track must have an Additional Driver Pass (as above) to drive on track.

Costing's:
    £25 = Additional Driver pass.
    £45 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 15 minutes track time (£20)
    £65 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 2 x 15 minutes track time (2 x £20 = £40)
    £85 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 3 x 15 minutes track time (3 x £20 = £60)

If you have any questions or enquires about the above, please drop me a PM or give me a call: Romil 07816 368235

Thank you Romil and the comitee for organising this

I will be at the drivers briefing regardless............I just want to see how my car is fueling on the rolling road, and see how the track boys attack it to make my decision

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boysie View Post
    is there anywhere to get food onsite or nearby, or do I need to be doing an asda bigshop before I go?
    last year there was a burger van during the day but at night i think your on your own

Post Thanks / Like

Is the photo card drivers licence enough or do we need to bring both parts for track?

Post Thanks / Like

sessions....................

Post Thanks / Like

Full track day passes are open pitlane

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eugein Offord View Post
    sessions....................
    Sessions are only for those wanting to put a their car on track for a short while and not the full day Eug. The "session" will be just those cars on track, without the full pass drivers and cars.

The 2nd driver pass still gives you full open pit access to a car already paid in full, like a "normal track day"

That's the way I read it???

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Andy M;338301]Sessions are only for those wanting to put a their car on track for a short while and not the full day Eug. The "session" will be just those cars on track, without the full pass drivers and cars

sounds simple enough.... cheers.................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Is the photo card drivers licence enough or do we need to bring both parts for track?
    Blyton have said its up to RTOC so what's it to be?

Post Thanks / Like

Just bring your licence just in case.

Edit..... the photo card. I'm not bringing my paper part.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a policy around accidents btw?

For whatever reason if there is contact between cars, I assume there is no liability going forward?

I think it should be clear to everyone what the expectation is, because should something happen I want to know who I can expect to bear the cost of fault or non-fault incidents.

Example:
    Someone's brakes fail and they T-Bone my car. I wouldn't expect to bill them.

Or
    My brakes fail and I T-Bone their car. If I got billed for their damage, i'd file it in the bin.

Is this everyones understanding? We should be clear, just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave sounds like your best to just watch LOL oh and check your brakes if you do go out

It's something most people overlook, thankfully most rtoc trackers are safe and dont cause situations

I have been on track days littered with idiots (nicest word I could think of lol)

I have always had track cover on my road cars used but the track beast none, not sure if someone crashed into me and they were in the wrong I would say oh well, ops.

Its not a race and most places control the idiots well and then it really is the unlucky situation of a mechanical failure incidents which tent to be rare. I have been to a day or 2 where clearly their cars were pants and going to fail - that cheeses your head in while waiting for a track to be cleaned for a few hrs

Must get round to spraying the track beast an evil green with LED front lights to make sure other track uses actually see me

DG

Post Thanks / Like

If you're driving like a tool race control will pull you up. If in the unlikely event 2 (or more) cars come together, regardless of who's fault it is, you're NOT covered. This is the same for any track day that I've known of. You can of course take out your own track day insurance. £££

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Dave sounds like your best to just watch LOL oh and check your brakes if you do go out
    Just making sure we're all on the same page mate. It only takes a puncture or high speed lift in a corner to cause a spin, if an engine goes and covers the track in oil or water in front of a few cars...many different possibilities outside of peoples driving standards.

I don't see any harm in discussing etiquette just in case

Pretty confident my car is as safe as any other...or as safe as a 1982 French rotbox can get anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Car failed on a few items, need to see what they mean by front suspension needs welding though but silly item like seat has excessive play and forgot to put the battery clamp after putting battery back in

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Curious...if I have a full day open pitlane pass, and a mate does too, does that:

Entitle me to passenger with him or vice versa?

Can we drive each others cars?

(Yes, Bond, i'm talking about YOU )

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Curious...if I have a full day open pitlane pass, and a mate does too, does that:

You're a racing driver aintcha Tyrone????

Cause it does Tyrone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Car failed on a few items, need to see what they mean by front suspension needs welding though but silly item like seat has excessive play and forgot to put the battery clamp after putting battery back in
    Welding being done tomorrow, fingers cross all will be good for Friday now

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by dangerous dave; 02-07-2013 at 18:01.

Post Thanks / Like

So you want to take out my 8k white stormtrooper , and I get to take out your fuego

Seems fair.

Post Thanks / Like

What time is track briefing?

Post Thanks / Like

Usually ~8:30am.

If it's like last year, I'd make ya way over to the log-cabin around 8 ish though to collect your track wrist-band(s) & fill out the indemnity form.

Post Thanks / Like

What Mart said

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andybond View Post
    So you want to take out my 8k white stormtrooper , and I get to take out your fuego

Seems fair.
    I can jump in a Meg any time I fancy, how many opportunities are out there to drive a track prepped Fuego on slicks with a > 300bhp/tonne power to weight ratio?

So yeah, seems fair

Post Thanks / Like

Well collected the track beast last night and on trailer waiting to go Friday there is a long list of jobs I want to complete but alas some fresh fuel maybe the limit

You better all be quiet past 10pm on friday night as I have not had 8hrs sleep in the last 9 weeks lol in fact a lot of weeks were 2-4hrs

Really looking forward to it and catching up with the regulars Friday night (especially as I cant stay Saturday night )

And will go and say it - weather looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! - even if my current rad could not control 12psi coolant temps and not made a nice fat alloy item - sure mid 20deg temps will helps the situation

3 more sleeps!!!!

DG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    3 more sleeps!!!!
    You not there till Saturday then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    You not there till Saturday then?

PMSL - read into the 2-4hours sleep situation lol

And 3 sleeps until tracking 2 until roughing it in a tent with no en-suite lol

Think its time for another froffy coffee at work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Usually ~8:30am.

If it's like last year, I'd make ya way over to the log-cabin around 8 ish though to collect your track wrist-band(s) & fill out the indemnity form.
    Brilliant, thanks Mart, make sure everyone knows that there will be only one track briefing, if you miss it, you may not get on track.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be sure to mention it to whoever I bump into when doing the usual -fuelled campsite walk-about