Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    PPC do this every year - £20 for 15 minutes is great, the only problem they have is that there is such a huge demand for them that you have to be quick to get in. But generally 2x 15 minute sessions will be ok for most non hardcore racers. It's a very good idea.

As for additional drivers - £25 per additional driver @ Snetterton - another good call.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    A few laps is all well and good but please bear in mind that anyone wanting to do so must attend drivers briefing and sign on .There will be only one briefing and if you miss it you'll miss out .

As I say Lee, TOTALLY understand the implications, it needs monitoring and timing etc etc etc........

But let's face it, it is a good idea, could potentially add some more money to the kitty!

Only issue I see, is as long as the people that have paid for the full track day aren't interfered with and it doesn't spoil or change anything for them then should it not be considered?

-

Post Thanks / Like

Yes ,agree good idea but we need to point out to those not used to track rules that this is the case

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

please bear in mind that anyone wanting to do so must attend drivers briefing and sign on .There will be only one briefing and if you miss it you'll miss out .
    Thanks for that clarification Lee.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes ,agree good idea but we need to point out to those not used to track rules that this is the case

Post Thanks / Like

I got the impression that some people were thinking of making their minds up during the day and then perhaps have a few laps.

To lap this track then, it must be planned before the day and those lapping must be there at 8.30am or whenever the briefing is.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been offered a go in dans car. But obviously only one person can drive it at a time. I would happily buy a additional driver pass if the shop had one available.
    I'm sure out of the rest of the cars on the field a few would let their friends have a go so you may be able to recoup some cash in that respect and it shouldn't tie the track up any more than usual as the car would otherwise be out there but with the owner not the additional driver.
    I would need to know before the day though if this is at all possible please.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

My car runs and sounds sweet Thanks for the help today Mart & Billy Can't wait to rag the fooker round

Quick question about the day, I take it there are no noise restrictions in place???

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    I have been offered a go in dans car. But obviously only one person can drive it at a time. I would happily buy a additional driver pass if the shop had one available.
    I'm sure out of the rest of the cars on the field a few would let their friends have a go so you may be able to recoup some cash in that respect and it shouldn't tie the track up any more than usual as the car would otherwise be out there but with the owner not the additional driver.
    I would need to know before the day though if this is at all possible please.
    Was also hoping to let a 'friend' have a drive of mine... She loves the boost!

Post Thanks / Like

How about Half an hour track time for the girlfriends only?

Post Thanks / Like

I am very pleased to announce the following for the Renault Turbo UK Festival 2013 @ Blyton Park:

• Additional Driver: £25.
      • Must attend the Drivers Briefing in the morning
      • Drivers Wrist Band will be allocated once briefing attended
    • Track Time: £20 per session.
      • Each session is 15 minutes.
      • All Drivers must obtain a Additional Drivers pass (as per above)
      • 4 sessions throughout the day (+/- depending on take up)
    At a high level:
    You can purchase an Additional Driver pass (must attend briefing) and use this to drive other peoples cars on track, assuming they have either a Track Day pass or purchased Track Time. This is great for passengers/friends or others to try their hand at some track action.
    Track Time is 15 minutes per session. Looking at going on the hour, with 4 sessions throughout the day. This is a great opportunity to either test your driving skills or see what your car can really do! All drivers on track must have an Additional Driver Pass (as above) to drive on track.

Costing's:
    £25 = Additional Driver pass.
    £45 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 15 minutes track time (£20)
    £65 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 2 x 15 minutes track time (2 x £20 = £40)
    £85 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 3 x 15 minutes track time (3 x £20 = £60)

If you have any questions or enquires about the above, please drop me a PM or give me a call: Romil 07816 368235

Post Thanks / Like

List (in true RTOC fashion):

Additonal Driver:
    1. Car.Crash
    Track Time:
    1. ?
    I will advise how payment can be made once we have worked this through and also the track slot sessions and when you prefer to roll.

Post Thanks / Like

That's brill guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StuHERTS View Post
    That's brill guys!
    How much track time shall we put you down for?

Just think, you can scare your own kid! Assuming you don't scare yourself first

Post Thanks / Like

So do passengers have to buy an additional driver band and track time or just the band?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benjibrady View Post
    So do passengers have to buy an additional driver band and track time or just the band?
    Passengers do not require a band.

Drivers Wrist band is only for those driving on track (behind the wheel as such).

Post Thanks / Like

errr ,sorry to correct but they do and also need to sign an indemnity form .The only way we can police this is to issue a wristband to show they have signed .

Post Thanks / Like

I have paid for my entry and my pod entry. Who do I pay for a second driver pass ?
    I can supply all details of the car I'm sharing to prove I'm not blogging a cheap ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    I am very pleased to announce the following for the Renault Turbo UK Festival 2013 @ Blyton Park:

• Additional Driver: £25.
      • Must attend the Drivers Briefing in the morning
      • Drivers Wrist Band will be allocated once briefing attended
    • Track Time: £20 per session.
      • Each session is 15 minutes.
      • All Drivers must obtain a Additional Drivers pass (as per above)
      • 4 sessions throughout the day (+/- depending on take up)
    At a high level:
    You can purchase an Additional Driver pass (must attend briefing) and use this to drive other peoples cars on track, assuming they have either a Track Day pass or purchased Track Time. This is great for passengers/friends or others to try their hand at some track action.
    Track Time is 15 minutes per session. Looking at going on the hour, with 4 sessions throughout the day. This is a great opportunity to either test your driving skills or see what your car can really do! All drivers on track must have an Additional Driver Pass (as above) to drive on track.

Costing's:
    £25 = Additional Driver pass.
    £45 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 15 minutes track time (£20)
    £65 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 2 x 15 minutes track time (2 x £20 = £40)
    £85 = Additional Driver pass (£25) + 3 x 15 minutes track time (3 x £20 = £60)

If you have any questions or enquires about the above, please drop me a PM or give me a call: Romil 07816 368235

Brilliant progress Romil, well done, we just need to publicise this recent development and manage it on the day, I'm sure there are a max No of cars allowed on track on time and priority to full day ticket holders possibly.

I don't know, just spit ballin here.

Post Thanks / Like

Who do I pay for a second driver pass?
    Dunno yet!

Before I post you this are you buying a second Entry wristband for the RTOC shop for the 2nd driver?

Post Thanks / Like

Bigdanc is the main driver and car owner.
    I'm the second driver for his car.
    As far as I'm aware he has already purchased a ticked but I can confirm tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Passengers do not require a band.

Drivers Wrist band is only for those driving on track (behind the wheel as such).
    I'll do the brief and decide then lol

But Im only running about 160bhp I reckon, I want my boy to get a better thrill so to speak.

I know this is all last knockings and quick decisions to be made but I want to put across that I really appreciate all
    The effort that has been put in.

Post Thanks / Like

Bigdanc is the main driver and car owner.
    I'm the second driver for his car.
    As far as I'm aware he has already purchased a ticked but I can confirm tomorrow.
    Sorry I was a bit confused whilst trying to multi task while tired.

Yes BigDanC has done.

Post Thanks / Like

errr ,sorry to correct but they do and also need to sign an indemnity form .The only way we can police this is to issue a wristband to show they have signed .
    So did passengers wear a driver pass last year? With everyone wearing a drivers wristband we'd not be able to tell who'd paid and who hadn't. Everyone would be driving, many for free

Post Thanks / Like

Passengers don't have the same bands as drivers.

Post Thanks / Like

I only bought three wristbands as advised, entry, camping, track time.

Do I need to buy another then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I only bought three wristbands as advised, entry, camping, track time.

Do I need to buy another then?
    Can use the extra camping ones? or is there a way of turning them inside out so they are white?
    Last edited by Romil Davda; 24-06-2013 at 23:45. Reason: edit

Post Thanks / Like

Passengers don't have the same bands as drivers.
    Passengers don't have them at all.

2nd drivers do.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I missing somthing here guys

Passengers don't pay, don't need track briefing therefore don't need a wrist band. Jump in a car and go

You have enough wrist bands. Main and or 2nd drivers can wear the same bands - it makes no odds.

I did mention that Snetterton charge for passengers, but Romil hasn't. Also worth noting, that at Snetterton there is no requirement for passengers to be briefed.

Romil - Your idea to turn the camping ones inside out has a small problem LOL - every fooker will be doing it

Post Thanks / Like

Passengers need to sign form before going out but no need to be briefed

Agree that a better system needs to be confirmed to stop everyone just tracking for free or pay for 1 session and go out on everyone

Its a good idea to try and get some more out on track etc

DG

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So....does this mean we're going to spend half the day noob-dodging?

Please make sure the briefing contains some etiquette instructions... I don't have lights or indicators to flash, I don't have a horn to beep and I can't wave out of the window as it's riveted on. Over 300hp/tonne will come up behind you rather quickly

Will the 4 15-min session infringe on those of us who have paid for the whole day open pit lane?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    So....does this mean we're going to spend half the day noob-dodging?
    Please make sure the briefing contains some etiquette instructions... I don't have lights or indicators to flash, I don't have a horn to beep and I can't wave out of the window as it's riveted on. Over 300hp/tonne will come up behind you rather quickly
    Will the 4 15-min session infringe on those of us who have paid for the whole day open pit lane?
    No to the first question as currently we only plan for 4 x 15 minute session (no takers as yet). If you plan your rests/breaks correctly, you can avoid being on track when these said 15min session take place.

Yes in regards to the etiquette. When on track we are told to use our mirrors.

This give everyone a chance to give it a go and test their cars and/or driving skills. Also gives the hardcore a chance to have a break and will not intimidate the newbies. I'm not saying they can't go out on track (the hardcore) but there will be some etiquette in place. for example, 11am session: I will go out at 10:45 for 15mins and rest the car from 11am for 15mins. I don't want to be held up at every corner/up someone's arse on a straight nor do I want to be scaring someone has not done this before or is worried about their car.

Also, the take up for Track Day passes has been slow this year, 24 at the last count. I very much doubt this will have an impact. Can we start a list if your "thinking" about taking up one or more of these 15 min session? If yes, how many? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

So is what happened last year that TAOL gave a different wristband to passengers who'd signed the indemnity form?

We could get two more wrist bands. Say 20 of each. Or 10 perhaps. Passengers and 2nd drivers.

Post Thanks / Like

24 sold, fantastic, **** loads of room for me to go piroetting away. 1st corner wonder here.

Post Thanks / Like

Second driver tickets now available from the RTOC shop

https://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?m...roducts_id=111

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered a second driver pass.
    Thanks guys for sorting this so fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    24 sold, fantastic, **** loads of room for me to go piroetting away. 1st corner wonder here.
    We have booked a special 15 minute slot just for you... We all want to take pics and videos this time round! You'll have to avoid the tumbleweeds this time

Post Thanks / Like

I'm buying my tickets on the day. Looking at running one 5 with 2 drivers ( 1 x main 1 x additional )

The wristband questions, Can't we use a permanent marker to put a letter on the wrist band.

M - man driver
    A - Addition driver
    S - special lot.

A.T.G.N.I - I'll let you work that one out
    Last edited by Nick k; 25-06-2013 at 14:03.

Post Thanks / Like

To confirm - been uo since 4am with screaming child so brain a bit fuzzy

I have my track beastie which I 50% share with my friend Rob does he still ahve to buy a full price track pass as we are only using the 1 car (never a problem at the normal track day setup and either free or small extra charge) in fact we have a 3rd poss driver but thats already been dealt with

DG

Post Thanks / Like

How does it work with paying on the day.

Does one pay £15 entry at the gate then upgrade for another £70 at the briefing for track time?

It might be easier for the organisers on the day if as many as could paid in advance from the RTOC shop I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Options:

Entry = £15
    Entry+Track = £85
    Additional Driver = £25 (you must have an Entry Ticket)
    Track time = £20 per session.

To get into the grounds, you must have an entry ticket. Once on the ground, you can purchase the Additional Driver pass, assuming the car you are driving already has a Track pass (or you can buy track time).

All Drivers on the track must have a Drivers Wristband. You can only obtain a Drivers Wristband by attending the Drivers Briefing in the morning. My advice, if you are thinking of driving, attend the Drivers Briefing in the morning, so if you change your mind and want to drive, you have any issues with

Nick - Great idea about the letter. Your charges will £85 (Entry and Track) and Additional Driver will be £25.

Duncan - You only require 1 track pass per car (I assume you have purchased the Entry+Track). Rob will need to purchase an additional Drivers pass £25 (via club shop) and attend the briefing. 3rd Driver would do the same as Rob. I'm guessing your cars not going to get any rest lol . What are you bringing?

Ian - Yes. This would equal the total of Entry+Track (£85).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    To confirm - been uo since 4am with screaming child so brain a bit fuzzy

I have my track beastie which I 50% share with my friend Rob does he still ahve to buy a full price track pass as we are only using the 1 car (never a problem at the normal track day setup and either free or small extra charge) in fact we have a 3rd poss driver but thats already been dealt with

DG
    [Additional driver pass (£25) plus standard entry fee] for the additional, isnt it?

Post Thanks / Like

And the additional driver pass only provides access not driving, that's another £20 for each of the four 15 minute slots.

If each person wants to drive the same car three hours each they normally would have to buy a full day ticket wouldn't they?

Will most of the full fee payers be driving for three hours or more??

Post Thanks / Like

I'm lost over all this now. If I buy a additional driver ticket I can drive the car as much as I like surely?

Post Thanks / Like

If people do that they could get a whole days driving for £40 = £15 entry and £25 for the pass. Driving anyone's car that spare. Where other members had to pay £70. And no-one's mentioned non-members in this 2nd driver thing yet.

I really have no idea how they run these days. This club had done 6 (?) now. What normally happens at RTOC track days?

Post Thanks / Like

Ian from past experience the 70 or what ever would be added to extra driver fee, then divided between the two people.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Second driver tickets now available from the RTOC shop

https://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?m...roducts_id=111
    Damn you're quick!

Post Thanks / Like

We have booked a special 15 minute slot just for you... We all want to take pics and videos this time round! You'll have to avoid the tumbleweeds this time
    - I simply will not bow to your childish taunts.

Post Thanks / Like

If people do that they could get a whole days driving for £40 = £15 entry and £25 for the pass. Driving anyone's car that spare. Where other members had to pay £70. And no-one's mentioned non-members in this 2nd driver thing yet.

I really have no idea how they run these days. This club had done 6 (?) now. What normally happens at RTOC track days?
    That's not the idea Ian, look at it like any other open pit track day you've been to, you attend with your friend he pays full and uses his car on track most of the day and his bezzy mate gets the odd go. I think you'll get 1 or 2 taking the piss, but in all honesty they will be in a majority, you always get this as you could anywhere else. It just doesn't happen.

Don't worry about non members, this is all additional profile raising which may lead to more interest next year. I have seen the demand for this type of track action grow for 4 or 5 years, year on year and it's now hard to get track time at all @ PPC. this can only be for the good. I know that the 1 individual I was talking to about it over this way (non member was humming and harrring ()is that a word)) and is now 99% there.

I certainly know any of my group wanting to thrash Fluffy round the track can think again, let alone any random bystanders.