Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    May need to tap you up for a loan of your battery mate. The one on the car is brown bread and its hardly worth buying a new one just for one day if I can borrow one
    Lol ain't been used since October 2010. You can buy all means try

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Will take you up on that if needed mate

Post Thanks / Like

If things work out and Eug and me manage to get my raider there buy some track time Bill, you can drive in my car

No 2nd / extra drivers allowed per car though so its full ticket price per person.
    Cheers mate - Nice offer

I'm thinking of putting the Clio on track. If I can sort the 'possible' engine mount knocking, and the misfire when cold!

It'll be good to see your Raider back out again. It's been too long mate!

Post Thanks / Like

Good darts Andy/Bill

You chaps there for both nights?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Good darts Andy/Bill

Could be. I'm off on holiday next week, so haven't really thought about ND

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Cheers mate - Nice offer

I'm thinking of putting the Clio on track. If I can sort the 'possible' engine mount knocking, and the misfire when cold!

Almost 5 years! If I make it the offers there mate

Car is a bit of an unknown, could last the day or just 5 mins on boost!!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good darts Andy/Bill

Should be with a bit of luck (and assistance from one like Eug!)

Post Thanks / Like

Almost 5 years! If I make it the offers there mate
    5 years? Jeez - That's longer than I thought

If the motor/Eugein don't play ball and you still want to go, you can always jump in the Clio of doom!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers mate - Nice offer

They're fussy as fook on spark plugs....wrong gaps or any non-gen ones cause issues quite a lot. Mine is a bit lumpy-hunty @ idle when it's cold too. Just an idea!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't miss more than one of the last eleven ND's!

Cracking idea on the date change
    Glad to hear your able to make it Bill, unlike all your mates weddings LOL

Sarah mum has VERY kindly offered to have both boys friday night and all day saturday so now plan to camp / stay over Friday night track the little beastie until it pops catch up with all my bestest pikey mates and then ome to get done over by the boys

I hope it's dry as I certainly have not had time to put any mods on the car for if it rains - engien still stick out as does the air filter and no of course its exposed anyway

Freed up this Saturday to getthe car ready, no pressure then

Looking forward to it guys and def better now I dont have to tow there and back in a day ( 3hr drive before track day) too old for that game now lol

DG

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Entry ticket and track time just ordered

Last-minute.com to now get the car sorted!!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

5 years? Jeez - That's longer than I thought

If the motor/Eugein don't play ball and you still want to go, you can always jump in the Clio of doom!
    Looks like its full steam ahead with the 5 mate!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the game Andy

Still haven't started on the van yet. If it doesn't happen this weekend i will be in the megane.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't be fun unless its last minute John

Hope you get the van sorted in time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Andy M - I have a 5 parked up outside mine that I can whip the battery off if you get stuck?

Let me know as I need to stick it on charge and would be good to test before next week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    Andy M - I have a 5 parked up outside mine that I can whip the battery off if you get stuck?

Let me know as I need to stick it on charge and would be good to test before next week!
    We need a like button

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post

Nice one Romil May take you up on that offer if JRPs one is also dead. He is literally 5mins up the road from the car so will give that a shot 1st.

John - can I pop over and collect it Thursday evening??

Post Thanks / Like

Andy, let me know if you need anything for the Raider - I'm travelling down south on Saturday, and happy to drop off any bits I might have to help it get up & running.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Glad to hear your able to make it Bill, unlike all your mates weddings LOL

Sarah mum has VERY kindly offered to have both boys friday night and all day saturday so now plan to camp / stay over Friday night track the little beastie until it pops catch up with all my bestest pikey mates and then ome to get done over by the boys
    Great to hear you can make it as well mate Be good to catch up again

Post Thanks / Like

Had to make it to ND Mart been coming regular for years now without a 5 and a few before with one

Whats the general plan of the regulars? Camping Friday or hotel / B&B setup?

Bit gutted cant stay over Saturday but take what I can

DG

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Romil May take you up on that offer if JRPs one is also dead. He is literally 5mins up the road from the car so will give that a shot 1st.

John - can I pop over and collect it Thursday evening??
    Call me in advance, I'll look it out tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Whats the general plan of the regulars? Camping Friday or hotel / B&B setup?
    Camping for me

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there Friday afternoon for a BBQ and a beer if anyone fancies joing me

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Andy, let me know if you need anything for the Raider - I'm travelling down south on Saturday, and happy to drop off any bits I might have to help it get up & running.
    Nice one mate, will have an initial browse at the car tomorrow and let you know if anything crops up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'll be there Friday afternoon for a BBQ and a beer if anyone fancies joing me
    I'm sincerely hoping to be about mid to late afternoon to join in with the traditional beery, BBQ tent errecting sesh.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be sitting on my own, in the corner of the field, all weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Well im hopeing to get ny car sorted for this weekend fingers crossed its all sorted!! can you pay on the day? Or do i need to get a ticket before i go?

Post Thanks / Like

Right then.... it's a go from me....
    will be me with truck and 9 , also my dad in the Clio with 2 brothers and beer .
    also have at least 1 non member wanting a trackday with 2 friends tagging along... going to be a busy night in my tent, ,

so, Trev, if you wanted a free run I can take you in the truck with me on friday night if your camping over ....

now, how to purchase all tickets without telling er indoors.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by w35ty View Post
    Well im hopeing to get my car sorted for this weekend fingers crossed its all sorted!! can you pay on the day? Or do i need to get a ticket before i go?
    You should be able to pay on the day but it would be better to buy a ticket from the shop as it makes it easier for us to keep track of who bought what and reduces the amount of cash committee on the weekend have to carry around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    You should be able to pay on the day but it would be better to buy a ticket from the shop as it makes it easier for us to keep track of who bought what and reduces the amount of cash committee on the weekend have to carry around.

ok sound il see how my car gets on as dont wanna buy one and not be able to make it.. Should be there though! So il need day entry plus camping then if few peeps are coming up with me theyll just need to pay in?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be sitting on my own, in the corner of the field, all weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Stu & myself, and whoever else is part of the convoy on friday -should be there about 6/6.30pm'ish

Really looking forward to it

Post Thanks / Like

Righty, I've purchased wristbands for Entry, Camping, Track time, and sent out many of the Entry and Camping ones today.

The rest who've paid so far will be sent out within a few days.

After that, further purchases from the RTOC shop I'll send with a couple of days.

I've compiled a list of who's paid for what so far.

Track time ones will be issued after the drivers briefing according to the list.

It would be a fair bit easier for those committee on the day if you buy in advance from the RTOC shop.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Righty, I've purchased wristbands for Entry, Camping, Track time, and sent out many of the Entry and Camping ones today.

After that, further purchases from the RTOC shop I'll send with a couple of days.

Track time ones will be issued after the drivers briefing according to the list.

It would be a fair bit easier for those committee on the day if you buy in advance from the RTOC shop.

Thanks
    Nice one Ian

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any chance of getting some second driver passes?

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Is there any chance of getting some second driver passes?
    Nope... But if we did how much people looking to pay??

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure Chris. I've been offered a few laps in a friends car but it will be just that so don't want a full ticket for 20 mins driving.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Received mine this morning, Thanks Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Nope... But if we did how much people looking to pay??

Maybe a bit late in the day perhaps?! But I've been thinking along these lines too

Would there be an option to pay per lap perhaps?

I'm wanting to track my car, but really only a few laps, And im sure im not the only one? understand policing it, driver training,briefing etc etc etc......it my mind, I thought the track guys always had a rest session/s? - so assumed there'd be a few gaps throughout the day for the amateurs to hit the track.............just an idea!

And to add, if it was an option to do per lap - then I'd be more than willing to help out on the day to sort it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StuHERTS View Post
    Hey, nice photo Saved me from doing it, was on my list of tasks, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with Romil this morning,
    I was asking whether it was permitted (or if you thought it'd be a good idea) that i bring my 9 year old son?

He came with me to Enfield Pag on the Saturday and begged to come back with me on the Sunday and enjoyed most of it though got a bit bored and just played his ds/psp but there will be driving at this one.

Romil suggested that if i did take him, to bring a lid.
    Id' be happy to buy someone a few beers to take him round the track.

Who knows, i might even go round myself on the day..

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Romil suggested that if i did take him, to bring a lid.
    Id' be happy to buy someone a few beers to take him round the track.
    I'd be quite happy to take him for a few laps Stu but we'll have to check blytons rules first. I know that to be a passenger at Cadwell park you have to be either 14 or 16.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66 View Post
    I'd be quite happy to take him for a few laps Stu but we'll have to check blytons rules first. I know that to be a passenger at Cadwell park you have to be either 14 or 16.
    Cheers mate! if you do, ill get you a few beers (after the drive)

I just phoned Blyton, they said there isn't an age restriction as such, but more so a height restriction.

If he can sit in the car with a helmet on and the seat belt is not around his neck, they said bring a cushion lol so it sounds good!
    I'll have to sign an Indemnity form..
    Just won't tell his mum before we go..

I don't know who'll be more scared, me or him lol..
    Last edited by StuHERTS; 22-06-2013 at 15:39.

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

ill get you a few beers (after the drive)

Spoil sport

Post Thanks / Like

btw, is there a bar at Blyton or bring our own?

Post Thanks / Like

Likewise - Cheers ears.

BTW - why no Track passes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Maybe a bit late in the day perhaps?! But I've been thinking along these lines too

Would there be an option to pay per lap perhaps?

I'm wanting to track my car, but really only a few laps, And im sure im not the only one? understand policing it, driver training,briefing etc etc etc......it my mind, I thought the track guys always had a rest session/s? - so assumed there'd be a few gaps throughout the day for the amateurs to hit the track.............just an idea!

And to add, if it was an option to do per lap - then I'd be more than willing to help out on the day to sort it
    PPC do this every year - £20 for 15 minutes is great, the only problem they have is that there is such a huge demand for them that you have to be quick to get in. But generally 2x 15 minute sessions will be ok for most non hardcore racers. It's a very good idea.

As for additional drivers - £25 per additional driver @ Snetterton - another good call.

Post Thanks / Like

is there a bar at Blyton or bring our own?
    Bring your own I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    why no Track passes
    They are given out after the driver briefing.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring your own I think.They are given out after the driver briefing.

Post Thanks / Like

A few laps is all well and good but please bear in mind that anyone wanting to do so must attend drivers briefing and sign on .There will be only one briefing and if you miss it you'll miss out .