Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nick k View Post
    Dawn your alive fancy judging the show and shine this year with me and marky mark
    Haha!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Hi Paul.

I don't even have a car atm I'm afraid. I am considering about coming on one of the days (Blyton Sat or Pod Sun), in Carrie's Focus just for the craic. It will depend on whether she is running at any races that weekend and indeed if I can afford the petrol. I just went self-employed and am perennially skint

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought my track ticket.

That gives me 3 weekends to get the van roadworthy again. The gearbox i have to fit is of totally unknown quality so its a last min gamble. If all else fails the wifes megane may be used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Hi Paul.

I don't even have a car atm I'm afraid. I am considering about coming on one of the days (Blyton Sat or Pod Sun), in Carrie's Focus just for the craic. It will depend on whether she is running at any races that weekend and indeed if I can afford the petrol. I just went self-employed and am perennially skint

Might have a deal for you then... how about you take my Clio, I'll fuel it , and I'll take my 9 on the truck... that way, if I blow up the old girl I can still get home..you know my number

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post

That gives me 3 weekends to get the van roadworthy again. The gearbox i have to fit is of totally unknown quality so its a last min gamble. If all else fails the wifes megane may be used.

''May be used '' lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post

3 weekends that's me out my 5s off the road now and no time to get it sorted too much to do and a baby on the way I will be there though to get some inspiration.. Think iv killed it using it as my daily lol..

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul b View Post

Might have a deal for you then... how about you take my Clio, I'll fuel it , and I'll take my 9 on the truck... that way, if I blow up the old girl I can still get home..you know my number
    Now that's RTOC spirit! Although, Paul, if you do blow up I reckon there would be enough spares/hands available to have your engine rebuilt and up and running in no time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Now that's RTOC spirit! Although, Paul, if you do blow up I reckon there would be enough spares/hands available to have your engine rebuilt and up and running in no time
    RTOC spirit has never been lost, but like the old men that we now are, we just forget where we put the bloody thing

I know that well enough Alex, but I have tried and tried to blow her up.... only managed to bend pushrods at 9000rpm + once and also destroyed a standard clutch after it blew apart..oh, and went down craner curve backwards at 100mph+ and still lived on......she has 9 lives I'm sure..... the old girl needs to die gracefully, on track in a huge ball of firey grace... . thing is she keeps on going,,,,lol

if she die's in her natural state of FLAT OUT then I will be happy to let her rise from the ashes with a nice new engine from something nice.......

Post Thanks / Like

3 weeks well mot is now sorted out only failed on a split cv boot a tyre and me not filling up the screen wash. few more bits to sort out and hopfully all will be ok for me. is there going to be a northwest convoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by royz View Post
    3 weeks well mot is now sorted out only failed on a split cv boot a tyre and me not filling up the screen wash. few more bits to sort out and hopfully all will be ok for me. is there going to be a northwest convoy.
    Screen wash? Really. Fml

Post Thanks / Like

worded somthing like inadequate washer jets. at least it was a easy fix

Post Thanks / Like

Paul, you're a top man, always have been and a belting track driver

Perhaps the only issue with the Clio plan is that I used to be 3rd party on other cars until I sold the Beemer last month, now I'm just a named driver on the Focus so insurance would need sorting out too. So it will just be easier to come in the Focus bud

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    Sorry I don't know what you mean?

AS was mentioned earlier I think that sounds like the best way for your RR ticket, print off your shop / paypal receipt and take it with you. Only one or two people paid in advance for the RR. Blunty was going to organise all of it, payments, etc on the day. Alas, he's not going now so there's no-one to do it.
    From christopher harrison [nocturnal_developments@yahoo.co.uk]Email:
    Wed 29/05/2013 21:28
    hi i've just have checked and there appears to be a few from around that time? i shall ask ian to get in touch as he's sorting out the tickets. thanks

To: 'christopher harrison' <nocturnal_developments@yahoo.co.uk>
    Sent: Friday, 24 May 2013, 14:35
    Subject: RE: Message from RTOC Shop

Hi Chris,
    Yea I purchased my national day tickets on the 22nd of April?
    Wondered why I hadn’t yet received them..
    Here’s the receipt from Paypal
    Regards
    Stuart

So no one is doing it?

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stu, as mentioned it appears there's unlikely to be any tickets produced for ND unless someone has the time to buy and process them. My advice is as above - print your email. Hardly ideal, but thats where we're at I assume you still have your email?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Alex, Yea i'll do that mate,

I'll print it off and take it with me.
    Just hoping it will be suffice on the day.

This whole North v South scenario has gotten way out of hand,.

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StuHERTS View Post

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole North v South scenario has gotten way out of hand
    There is no north North v South scenario.

Pod now use Ticketmaster to make and supply tickets. In order to have places at the club reserved parking space that Ross booked for us we have to buy these tickets from Pod. I am the one that buys them so they are sent to me and this time I'm sending them out.

The Blyton day is done by RTOC and this time there are no tickets. So nothing to buy, nothing to send.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeR5GTT View Post
    I second that. Wtf

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So nothing to buy, nothing to send.
    I assume you will have the information with you though, there has to be some sort of administration around controlling who gets in and who is allowed on the track surely?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    I assume you will have the information with you though, there has to be some sort of administration around controlling who gets in and who is allowed on the track surely?
    There was lasy year Dave. Dawn/Big Steve had the details...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    I second that. Wtf

I'll third it

Not that bothered about having a ticket... so long as we get some stickers again

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like my life story

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Stu, as mentioned it appears there's unlikely to be any tickets produced for ND unless someone has the time to buy and process them. My advice is as above - print your email. Hardly ideal, but thats where we're at I assume you still have your email?

ummmmkay!

I dont have original email - printed off my paypal receipt which totalled £57 (which included a tow eye cover)

Anyway, id paid for the RR too - just went into the club shop and noticed the RR tickets have been removed?

Going by this thread i take it its not due to over demand!

So can i ask please: does 'the club' have any record of me purchasing tickets - ND+2xCamping+RR?

And is the RR still going ahead?

Post Thanks / Like

I think this will be my first and last nd, had some fun in the car but I think it's going. Just can not justify having it, tax, insurance to drive it about 10 times a year.

Think I will be replacing her with a ktm rc8

Post Thanks / Like

Alright boys and girls... Its great reading the excitment we have created about this years Renault Turbo UK Festival.

Little update for you all:
    • Tickets - in progress and being discussed. Will have 3 types (Entry, track and camping)
    • RR - This is still going ahead. Tickets can be purchased on the day. For those who have paid, you will run on the day.
    If you have any other issues or questions, drop me a PM or give me a bell.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you coming to Blyton Romil?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the score with track tickets and extra drivers???

Post Thanks / Like

All drivers need full ticket ,no second driver option .

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok Lee, hopefully not a problem

Post Thanks / Like

Have not been on the forum for a while lol a tad rusty with how it works basically need a track ticket and camping coming down Friday night until say evening how much and who do I send payment too ?? Cheers Alex

Post Thanks / Like

I still need to purchase tickets for entry/camping and also for pod.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    Alright boys and girls... Its great reading the excitment we have created about this years Renault Turbo UK Festival.

• Tickets - in progress and being discussed. Will have 3 types (Entry, track and camping)
    • RR - This is still going ahead. Tickets can be purchased on the day. For those who have paid, you will run on the day.
    After our chat tonight Rom, wanted to apologies,
    What i initially meant with north v south was communication.

Just want every R5 owner to be at every meet,
    Really looking forward to Blyton & Pod.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post

Nice one Romil - thanks for that update, I'll be bringing my phone along with the emails on it. I have confidence that somebody in the club has a list of who has and who hasn't paid for what. Let me know if I can be of any help either now or on the day. I offer and have offered my services for 10 years now with no uptake.

Mart - you think you've got the north / south bad, I'm North living in the east, and am personally confused as to where my loyaltys lie. FYI - you're defo a cock-a-nee, always have been always will be.

Everyone else - get on board, the RTOC Train will be leaving shortly.

Anyone up for a rave in a big shed,,,,,, I mean ****ing big shed.

Post Thanks / Like

big Steve can bring his rave tapes.

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't arranged any disco this year in the barn.

It was felt that last year was not used enough to warrant the cost this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renault5gtboi View Post
    need a track ticket and camping coming down Friday night until say evening how much and who do I send payment too
    Just buy the tickets from the RTOC shop

https://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?m...bkujocfcj8lns7

If it's just you, you'll need :
    1 x members entry and track, £85
    1 x camping, £5

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't arranged any disco this year in the barn.

It was felt that last year was not used enough to warrant the cost this year.
    Anyone up for a rave in a field?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    just went into the club shop and noticed the RR tickets have been removed?
    No, still there

2nd one down: https://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?m...bkujocfcj8lns7

Apparently it was being used all day last year, maybe 40 cars. But so far this year only about 2 people bought advanced tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Anyone up for a rave in a field?
    I expect you can use the barn if you like IIRC, last year Blyton required the sound to be turned off by midnight, or something.

Post Thanks / Like

No, still there

2nd one down: https://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?m...bkujocfcj8lns7

Apparently it was being used all day last year, maybe 40 cars. But so far this year only about 2 people bought advanced tickets.
    The rolling road was busy last year because it was free.

Post Thanks / Like

Are RTOC members really so skint that £25 is too much to ask? It costs the club £1200 (£30 for 40 cars) so we're losing out at £25 even if it sells out.

Post Thanks / Like

okay, i'm sure i won't be joining you guys on this awesome weekend. funds and work commitments won't allow me to come.

maybe next year

Post Thanks / Like

I've just noticed - My weekend off falls on Nat' Day weekend.

Oh well, it looks like I'll have to drag myself along

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Are RTOC members really so skint that £25 is too much to ask? It costs the club £1200 (£30 for 40 cars) so we're losing out at £25 even if it sells out.
    Plus track or even entry Ian.

Dont think there is that much competition to prove whos car is doing what. Most of the lads who have tuned have a fair idea on what the car is running.

Good for bragging rights on a meet if its free .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post

I can't miss more than one of the last eleven ND's!

Cracking idea on the date change

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post

If things work out and Eug and me manage to get my raider there buy some track time Bill, you can drive in my car

No 2nd / extra drivers allowed per car though so its full ticket price per person.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    If things work out and Eug and me manage to get my raider there buy some track time Bill, you can drive in my car

No 2nd / extra drivers allowed per car though so its full ticket price per person.
    Ohh raider fun!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Ohh raider fun!
    May need to tap you up for a loan of your battery mate. The one on the car is brown bread and its hardly worth buying a new one just for one day if I can borrow one