Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by andybond View Post
    IF anyone finds themselves with a failed part drop me a PM on here , or get hold of Romil who can get hold of me. I am not bringing my five therefore have a fully working five that I will take to parts to bail you lot out if needed. Its not a car I am breaking , its my car so don't take the Michael !

Ill obviously need the swapped out part back at some point ...

I am around 20mi from venue .

I will be there Sat.
    ,Andy,
    if your that close I will happily collect your 5 on my truck if you wanted to track it...., beer tokens accepted of course, then if you don't track it we can strip there and then, LMAO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    Boom just driven the cup car to Leicester, having a few beers with nick K tonight then heading up to blyton with Steve and co tmrw win

neeeeeed a LIKE button,

Post Thanks / Like

I wish a great weekend to you all lads!

I'll see the pics and banter showing up when you guys get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    Car nearly sorted, just got to rub off the polish and she's as good as can be

Hmmmm hm - Fantastic, looking good Andy

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like that. I need to get me some cup wheels

Matty.........

Great to here the guys from over seas are making another superb effort to attend

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

could someone bring carcrash some food so he stays clear of mine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    could someone bring carcrash some food so he stays clear of mine
    as long as theres a mr whippy around youll be fine mate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul b View Post
    ,Andy,
    if your that close I will happily collect your 5 on my truck if you wanted to track it...., beer tokens accepted of course, then if you don't track it we can strip there and then, LMAO
    It's got tax and test so could bring it. Using the meg on saturdayb

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    Looking good andy hope all is well
    It's getting there Matty, last couple of weeks pi$$ing with the 5 has helped clear my mind a bit

Looking forward to driving the bloody thing now!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Hmmmm hm - Fantastic, looking good Andy
    She's a bit rough close up, got some war wounds! Really hope she holds together for the day and doesn't explode in a cloud of smoke. Renault paranoia never leaves you

Post Thanks / Like

I am about to leave with the group SANGLIER !!

we joined Pascal has Calais, and direction blyton!!!!

haaaa highly this evening

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the aeiP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xenon View Post
    I am about to leave with the group SANGLIER !!

we joined Pascal has Calais, and direction blyton!!!!

haaaa highly this evening
    frenchies de parcours sécuritaires

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    It's getting there Matty, last couple of weeks pi$$ing with the 5 has helped clear my mind a bit

Looking forward to driving the bloody thing now!
    you're not kidding, I think the best thing to do on any 5 journey is just get in and enjoy it. A bit like shagging a Vegas hooker. Bare back.
    Last edited by TNT ANDY; 05-07-2013 at 06:47. Reason: Absolutely awful spelling and grammar. My old teachers would be very dissapointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Weather looking great,

Better juggle a few jobs on the car, wfh and find camping gear etc out leavig about 4ish

Wish the boys had slept last night and I had got up at 4 at least I have got a head start on work

DG

Post Thanks / Like

The venues set on a Saturday, the weather is epic so lets get down to blyton and have a laugh this weekend. You can get track time in 20 min slots should you only want to test the water and a rolling road is available with catering on site.

Come on guys lets make this one busy

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Car loaded, off to spend a mortgage-able amount of money on fuel and then away to collect the trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a great Saturday. Just a bit too far for me this time...that and the fact I just don't trust 5's for long journeys, and also that I have to work some of Saturday.

Those that are coming to Santa Pod on Saturday, see you there on the RTOC stand

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

It's less than 3 hours, cruising on the motorway, what could possibly go wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure that you all bring SUN CREAM.

That P20 stuff is good put it on first thing and your fine for the day.

We want our Lobster tops to be under the bonet not walking around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RussellT View Post
    Make sure that you all bring SUN CREAM.

That P20 stuff is good put it on first thing and your fine for the day.

We want our Lobster tops to be under the bonet not walking around.
    Brilliant, you can count on Russ'

Work done, quick showe - then i'M ON ME WAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    It's less than 3 hours, cruising on the motorway, what could possibly go wrong?
    I remember the 90's mate...spent more time at the side of the road awaiting recovery than I did ever driving my first 5!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Brilliant, you can count on Russ'

Work done, quick showe - then i'M ON ME WAY.
    Im just going to workDont finish while ten.
    See you all saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Decals fitted be leaving about 4

Post Thanks / Like

has car.crash got his tent up yet

Post Thanks / Like

Just set off to blyton.

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing day!

Was great to catch up with people and meet some new faces.

I just wish I'd been able to camp over last night as the atmosphere was second to none.

Huge thanks to everybody who made this event happen and everyone that turned up and made it what it was.

Now back to family duties until the morning when it's "Santa Pod ahoy!"

Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from blyton.What an awesome night and day.Cup car ran like a dream,big thanks to kris m for sorting the carb out. looking forward to pod now for another day of talking about 5's.what more could you ask for.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually got my car cleaned and 4 waxes on it (doing a test demo for another forum) so I'll be there

Post Thanks / Like

Great day yesterday. Loved it. Met some ppl and saw some awsome cars. Y favorite was the white 5 with two engines in. What a piece of engineering.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mint day yesterday at blyton met a load of nice people of here and had a few laps on track for the first time and even tho me car went home on the aa van I'm defo not selling and got a lot of ideas of what I can do with mine now iv seen other people's 5s will be there next year for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Great feedback on the various sites from this years bash, a far cry from last year and good news.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear some positive stuff coming through about an RTOC ND

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Great day! Apologies if I upset anyone in the Fuego but it was a bit of a handful

Bit of setup work to do I think after the blowing exh.man gasket is fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed ND yesterday.

Got lots of positive feedback from everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic weekend and the weather, well it was epic

Heat management was an issue before it got mars hot on track but kept the boost at baby 10psi and survived all day

Great to get back out in the sr20det powered beastie. Brakes worked this year and traction was brilliant.

Everyone tracking were very very good with everyone respecting each others pace and abilities

Team Surridge looked after us well as per usual, cheers

Did manage to kill the Octavia tyre......driving on the grass lol. Far too many calls later got a man from Sheffield to drive with New tyre of ditch finder brand. Shame he bent the sill and damaged the alloy, muppet!!!! Got to get decent tyre Monday fitted

But meant I got Home for 9am to get my boys

Vibe around camp of usual dodgy banter and far to much booze lol. Always good to see so many friends and I'm done in and about to have cold beer

DG

Committee Member James_Surridge G1 5 GTT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Fantastic weekend and the weather, well it was epic

Heat management was an issue before it got mars hot on track but kept the boost at baby 10psi and survived all day

Great to get back out in the sr20det powered beastie. Brakes worked this year and traction was brilliant.

Everyone tracking were very very good with everyone respecting each others pace and abilities

Team Surridge looked after us well as per usual, cheers

Did manage to kill the Octavia tyre......driving on the grass lol. Far too many calls later got a man from Sheffield to drive with New tyre of ditch finder brand. Shame he bent the sill and damaged the alloy, muppet!!!! Got to get decent tyre Monday fitted

But meant I got Home for 9am to get my boys

Vibe around camp of usual dodgy banter and far to much booze lol. Always good to see so many friends and I'm done in and about to have cold beer

DG

Post Thanks / Like

I think I might have won the award for fastest black flag ? First session , 2nd lap ...

Post Thanks / Like

I got one in half a lap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    I got one in half a lap.
    bah, couldnt even win that award

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Got to say great day at blyton, well done to all involved! all there hard work payed off, weather was excellent. Lets hope we can have many more ND's like that and keep the club alive!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Great feedback on the various sites from this years bash, a far cry from last year and good news.
    Nothing but positives from me great day great people great weekend.. Again. Will Defoe be there next year for my 3rd year. And great to see the frenchies again.. Who said blyton was too far? Not the frenchies they were even blasting up pod. So impressed by pascals rr efi all the way for the c1j.. Thanks guys for organising even the father inlaw loved it and says he would come again.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a last minute decision by me to go this year. I'm glad I got up at 3am on Saturday and made the trek up north - Yet another great National Day, and yet another great National Day with good weather

Well done to all those who helped organise/run the day, and of course the members that turned up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    Great day! Apologies if I upset anyone in the Fuego but it was a bit of a handful

Bit of setup work to do I think after the blowing exh.man gasket is fixed.

Not that much of a pig then? Great to hear it there Dave. I say hear because it looks fooking awful, but sounds soo good.

Post Thanks / Like

These days just keep getting better, I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend with any better people.

Yet again I have proven my inability to drive, even in a straight line.

Thanks again to the organisers - it was truly epic.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A brilliant weekend! I really I really enjoyed it yet again this year. The weather was great, the track time excellent fun and the car performed perfectly - good old trusty!

It was great to meet some new memebers and also meet some long term members that I've somehow never met before!

A super turn out this year, certainly more that previous years

A huge thanks to all the committee members that helped run/organise the event and also to all club members that made the effort to attend and make the weekend so good, particularly our French/Dutch etc friends - well done!

Post Thanks / Like

Great weekend good to meet the peeps I had chance to.
    The Mrs loved it too.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A great weekend and think I may have just recovered now, car drove there and back and with a little detour because they decided to close one of the roads on the way back which two other 5s done the same thing.

Top job to all those who organised it, and whoever asked for the awesome weather to come along that weekend thank you to them as well.

Great meeting up with all the regulars as well as getting to meet new faces over a few beers in the evening / night.

Bring on next ND and like said to get that many French / Belgium / Holland people over for the weekend nobody within England has really got a good excuse for saying its too far to travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Was another great ND weekend. Good to meet up with everyone again, be it the old farts or new rtoc'ers. Big to Jasper and Romain, Bruno, Fred, Pascal, Xenon & the other French guys for making the trip over

Hope you got the downpipe sorted on the 11t. Sorry that the mobile welder idea went south (thanks Grier... )

The weather was stonking alright! 31c I heard being bandied around

Gutted for Eug'/Andy & his Raider, but 5 year old fuel & the 'Heath Robinson' coolant cct setup probably didn't help matters

Thanks to Billy, Tom, Ricardo and Sheryl for the drive of their motors All equally fantastic cars, and easy to see/feel how the evolution of RenaultSport chassis/handling development has progressed since the GTT era.

Shame there wasn't an AGM, but thanks to the Steve, Alex (nice to meet you at last mate! ) & the rest of the Committee for organising ND 2013 After the initial worries regarding (lack of) turn-out, I think those fears were put to bed by Friday evening. The track didn't look mega busy, granted, but going on the overall number of cars/people present, I reckon we had more through the gate this year than last.

Maybe the format/venue doesn't need changing (yet) after all

Already looking forward to next year: Sangliers, National Day, and a definite 'No bling at the Ring' return visit.

Hope to see rtoc'ers galore at all of them

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post

Maybe the format/venue doesn't need changing (yet) after all