PDA

View Full Version : Trackday Suspension setups

Fordy
30-08-2011, 19:01
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new suspension setup as my old koni adjustable shocks just aren't cutting it for me

So i'm looking at coilover choices and its quite a small range to brands to choose from

What suspension setups are people using out on track? and how well do you rate it?

philg
31-08-2011, 08:16
I have gaz on mine, only done the one track day but was very surprised how well the car felt in the corners, it handled great. I paid about £400 for mine.

With regards to track set up, not much you can do with gt turbo coilovers, you will have to buy some adjustable top mounts for the front and unfortunately there is not much we can do with the rears.

Poly bushing would also be a good idea and not to expensive, i paid about £100 for the full front of my car to be done.

Im sure some other track guys will comment.

As for brakes do what mart says ;) mine are fantastic best mod i did on the car but a load of aggro.

Fordy
31-08-2011, 11:04
brakes are sweet carbone Lorraine pads and brembo discs and braided lines all round

already done all the poly bushing up front

so far I've read people using Gaz and space coilovers and very few use avo?

might just buy Gaz ones and be done with it

Andrew Cooke
31-08-2011, 13:04
what's wrong with the konis? better quality than anything you'd like to spend and they can be rebuit and revavled to suit.

Mart
31-08-2011, 13:22
As for brakes do what mart says ;)

:laugh: :ashamed:

what's wrong with the konis? better quality than anything you'd like to spend and they can be rebuit and revavled to suit.

Hook, line, sinker :agree:

Eugein Offord
03-09-2011, 23:14
i think there is 2 types of konis...first the road one with thin front chromed damper arms :cry:and, the coupe wide front damper for track use..... the latter are great...............my original cup front dampers are bent and i will be using the konis bought through the MFish i think they are £450 front and rears....:)