PDA

View Full Version : Bell housing removal

Turbo_Dan
19-05-2011, 17:15
Lads in trying to replace the bell housing on my gearbox I've removed all the bolts and cracked it apart about 1inch but i can't get it to come full apart is this because I have to remove the 52mm nut on the end of the diff?

Andrew Cooke
19-05-2011, 19:28
Lads in trying to replace the bell housing on my gearbox I've removed all the bolts and cracked it apart about 1inch but i can't get it to come full apart is this because I have to remove the 52mm nut on the end of the diff?

you're not removing the bellhousing, rather stripping the gearbox. Welcome to a whole world of pain..

Turbo_Dan
19-05-2011, 21:49
Can anybody tell me how? I go about doing this

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-05-2011, 21:59
Have you got the 5th gear set and fork off, The reverse stirrup, the 5th gear detent near the gearbox change mech (exterior) if you have, fit two dummy rods into the shift rod holes to stop the balls dropping inside the box..... Then you should be able to life the gear casing from the 'bell housing' leaving the gears and diff still in that housing.....
They can be a pain if all the balls go sproing! across the workshop....

If its all gone terribly wrong....I have a good gearbox for sale ;) tiny leak from change rod, probably 1 drip a week....

Andrew Cooke
19-05-2011, 22:03
http://www.r21club.com/download/r21organes/prevodovka2_ang.pdf

and as Matt says, you're starting at the wrong end of the box, there's a good chance that you've already bent a selector fork.

Turbo_Dan
19-05-2011, 23:24
Have you got the 5th gear set and fork off, The reverse stirrup, the 5th gear detent near the gearbox change mech (exterior) if you have, fit two dummy rods into the shift rod holes to stop the balls dropping inside the box..... Then you should be able to life the gear casing from the 'bell housing' leaving the gears and diff still in that housing.....
They can be a pain if all the balls go sproing! across the workshop....

If its all gone terribly wrong....I have a good gearbox for sale ;) tiny leak from change rod, probably 1 drip a week....

This is all in a foreign language to me mate think I've bitten off a bit more than I can chew

THE MASTER
20-05-2011, 10:49
easy stuff you got my number;)

Turbo_Dan
20-05-2011, 19:21
I have your number ?:confused: